With the frustrations of the lockout, we are spinning our wheels, looking for ways to pass the time, hoping for anything in the way of baseball news. Time to become the master of your domain, the keeper of the keys, and the GM of your favorite team. Let’s talk hypothetical trades!
I, personally, am on a quest to find a trade partner for the Minnesota Twins.
- Acquire a stopgap SS (preference would be a plus defender with a decent bat)
- Find starting pitchers to fill the depleted rotation
*Extra bonus: add a 4th OF type who can play some CF, maybe steal a few bases
Twins top Trade Chip(s):
- Outfielder and former top-100 prospect Trevor Larnach (22.6)
- The payroll flexibility to take on additional salaries
- MLB role players and Top-25 Prospects:
CF: Celestino (2.9)
OF: Rooker (1.9)
UTL: Gordon (1.8)
#11: Cavaco (3.8)
#12: Urbina (4.2)
#13: Miller (3.6)
#14: Wallner (3.6)
#16: Sabato (3.0)
#18: Soularie (2.4)
#20: Rodriguez (4.5)
#23: Steer (2.1)
#24: De Andrade (2.4)
#26: Severino (.7)
- I loved the addition of Wendle. Does this make Berti (2.6) expendable?
- MIA has a plethora of corner OF types but a need for a true CF.
- A lot of discussion about MIA’s plethora of SP. Cabrera (14.9) would be a great get but I’m targeting Hernandez (5.2) if I can add Poteet (.2) or Neidert (0).
- MIA receives Larnach (22.6) and Celestino (2.9)
- MIN receives Berti (2.6), Harrison (.8), Hernandez (5.2), and Poteet (.2)
Is this as much of an underpay as BTV implies? Should MIN target a higher end SP like Cabrera or a better OF like De La Cruz (6.1)?
Links lead to Fangraphs’ profile of each playerNumbers in parentheses reflect the Baseball Trade Value of each player