In what has become an annual tradition, we’re making bold predictions about the upcoming Miami Marlins season. Isaac Azout and Kevin Barral are joined by Ely Sussman to explain the following takes:
- Jesús Luzardo will rank second on the Marlins in innings pitched (Isaac)
- Jazz Chisholm Jr. will lead MLB in stolen bases (Ely)
- Sandy Alcantara will have a winning percentage above .500 and receive NL Cy Young award votes (Kevin)
- Anthony Bender will record 30+ saves (Isaac)
- Brian Anderson will be traded before the end of the season (Ely)
- Joey Wendle will lead the Marlins in hits (Kevin)
- Sandy Alcantara and Pablo López will both finish top 5 in NL Cy Young voting (Isaac)
- The Marlins will win their season series vs. the Braves (Ely)
- The Marlins will have the best intradivision record in the NL East, posting the highest winning percentage in NL East head-to-head matchups (Kevin)
- Eury Pérez will make his MLB debut (Isaac)
- Sixto Sánchez will return and stick in Marlins starting rotation throughout the second half of the season (Ely); prediction made before Sánchez addressed the media and shared troubling details about his rehab from shoulder surgery
- Max Meyer will make 10+ MLB starts (Kevin)
- Miguel Rojas will win NL Gold Glove at shortstop (Isaac)
- Avisaíl García will lead all Marlins players in wins above replacement (Ely)
- Jorge Soler will be an NL Gold Glove finalist (Kevin)
Enjoy Episode 15!
Subscribe to the Fish Stripes YouTube channel for the video version of every Unfiltered episode.
Fish Stripes is ranked by Feedspot as the world’s No. 2 Miami Marlins podcast (trailing only the pod that’s produced by the franchise itself). Our programs include The Offishial Show, Big Fish Small Pod, Fish Stripes Unfiltered and Earning Their Stripes. All new episodes are posted to FishStripes.com/podcasts. You can subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Podbean, Megaphone or wherever you normally get your pods from.