Welcome to Fishology! This new show, hosted by Daniel Rodriguez with analyst Louis Addeo-Weiss and assorted guests, is dedicated to bringing advanced stats to Miami Marlins podcasting like never before.
For the eighth episode, Ely Sussman joins in to break down five big takeaways from the 2023 Marlins ZiPS projections (0:30). Then, the crew dives in on Jacob Amaya (14:00), Joey Wendle (25:00) and Daniel Castano (40:45).
Enjoy Episode 8 of Fishology!
Here are Dan Szymborski’s full 2023 ZiPS projections for the Marlins. What sticks out?
- Sandy Alcantara’s regression (ERA projected to spike by more than a full run)
- Recently traded Pablo López would have been the Marlins’ clear No. 2 starter
- Rule 5 draft pick Nic Enright can be legitimately good right away
- Don’t sleep on non-roster invitee C.J. Hinojosa
- Luis Arraez’s second-closest near-age offensive comp is Hall of Famer Wade Boggs
Follow Daniel (@Drodyyy), Louis (@addeo_louis00), Ely (@RealEly) and Fish Stripes (@fishstripes). Check out our full coverage here at FishStripes.com.
Fish Stripes is ranked by Feedspot as the world’s No. 2 Miami Marlins podcast (trailing only the pod that’s produced by the franchise itself). Our programs include The Offishial Show, Fish Stripes Unfiltered, What a Relief and Fishology. All new episodes are posted to FishStripes.com/podcasts. You can subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Podbean, Megaphone or wherever you normally get your pods from.