There are higher expectations for the Marlins entering 2022 than in any of my previous seasons running Fish Stripes. In turn, we have ambitious plans for covering all facets of the organization in a fun, insightful and unique voice across numerous platforms.
Our outlet’s success is not reliant on the team’s performance. The objective is, simply put, to serve the needs of as many Marlins fans as possible. Those of you who already put your trust in Fish Stripes can play an enormous role in helping us accomplish that.
- The number one contribution that you can make is feedback! We want to know what we’re doing right, what we’re struggling with and what specific types of coverage would make your understanding of the Marlins more complete. Share your feedback publicly—comment on Fish Stripes articles and social media posts or leave podcast reviews—or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are more free ways to make an impact. Website traffic remains critical for us, so bookmark fishstripes.com to make it as convenient as possible for you to visit regularly. Please follow/subscribe to Fish Stripes on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and Twitch. When you enjoy a piece of our work (either for its newsworthiness, analysis or entertainment value), share it with fellow Marlins fans and use proper attribution.
- For general donations to help me compensate the Fish Stripes staff, make payments to @fishstripes on Venmo.
- We have begun a new partnership with Loupe, a brilliant, Miami-based small business that connects sports card buyers and sellers. Download their app and visit the Loupe HQ shop in Wynwood to encourage them to stick with us long term.
- We have collaborated with BreakingT on 11 unique Marlins-themed products, all of them available as t-shirts and many of them as hoodies, too. The newest addition to the collection: “Soler Power” (in honor of Jorge Soler). More to come during the 2022 season! Shop here.
- Fish Stripes is also a FOCO affiliate. Their wide variety of Marlins merch includes bobbleheads, face coverings and everything in between.
- I have built a database of Marlins GIFs to be used in text message conversations and on social media. You’ll find major league, minor league and retired players, fan reactions, Billy the Marlin, team executives and more. The database is updated frequently during the season. A lifetime subscription costs only $5. Please the send the payment to our @fishstripes Venmo account and include your email address in the message.
I am immensely grateful to everybody who has played a role in getting Fish Stripes to this point. Very proud, but never satisfied!