New Marlins Game Recap
New Fish Stripes Podcast
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 40% chance to win their next game against the Dodgers.
- A small tear was discovered in Sixto Sánchez’s throwing shoulder months ago, according to Craig Mish. After unsuccessful rehab efforts, Sánchez will undergoing season-ending surgery with the goal of being back to full strength for the start of 2022 spring training.
- Mish also reported Monday that the Marlins put a three-year, $30 million contract extension on the table for Starling Marte. But he later clarified that the terms of the multi-year offer are unknown. Mish and Jordan McPherson add in their piece that the organization expects to draft position players with both of its top two MLB Draft picks (No. 16 and No. 31 overall).
- Just in case, Hector Rodriguez has another draft prospect profile for you: right-hander Will Bednar. Our next podcast episode will cover the Marlins’ 2021 draft approach.
- By Win Probability Added, Jorge Alfaro’s game-winning home run on Monday was the third-most impactful of his career.
- Anthony Bender became the 80th pitcher in Marlins history to record a save.
- LoanDepot Park nearly doubled its 2021 single-game attendance record with an announced crowd of 15,920.
- The latest Fish Stripes Live show was possibly our best one yet! You can rewatch it here if you missed the livestream.
- Congrats to Triple-A Jacksonville left-hander Jake Fishman on his selection to the Israeli Olympic baseball team.
- And congrats to Double-A Pensacola breakout star Jake Eder on his belated addition to the Futures Game roster, which will be in Denver on Sunday.
- Right-hander Evan Fitterer made his 2021 MiLB season debut on Monday. Infielder Christopher Torres and righty reliever C.J. Carter are progressing in rehabbing from their own injuries.
- Old friend Alex Vesia isn’t on the Dodgers big league roster after struggling with his control earlier this season, but he’s thriving in the minors with an active streak of 13 consecutive strikeouts.
- On this day in 2011, Giancarlo Stanton scorched a ball to left for his first career walk-off home run.
- Last Thursday, our partners at SimBull began selling shares of 65 college football teams at their initial share offering prices. Perfect time for new users to make their first deposit! Use promo FISHSTRIPES to receive a $10 deposit bonus.
- Stickerz by AB mixes new-age Miami baseball with the retro days.