Ely Sussman comments on Sunday’s agonizing loss to the Braves (2:30) before covering 15 individual/team storylines at both the major league and minor league levels that should make the second half of the Marlins regular season just as interesting as the first was (10:00).
Enjoy Episode 120!
Fish Stripes is thrilled to have SimBull as our podcast sponsor for the 2021 season. SimBull is the stock market for sports where you can trade MLB, NFL and NBA teams like stocks and earn cash payouts when they win. Use your sports knowledge to buy low, sell high, and make money. Join the 2,500+ early adopters and create your free account.
Current SimMarlins share price: $27.63.
When making your first SimBull deposit, enter the promo code FISHSTRIPES to receive a $10 bonus.
These are some of the storylines I came up:
What the f*** is going on with Sixto Sánchez ?(mere hours after this episode posted, the Marlins announced that Sixto will undergo season-ending shoulder surgery)
- Pitchers continue to adjust without sticky stuff
- Trevor Rogers and the NL Rookie of the Year race
- Whether or not Jazz Chisholm Jr. can barrel the ball consistently
- Jesús Sánchez’s outfield defense and versatility
- Role/usage of Anthony Bender
- New MLB debuts (potentially Edward Cabrera, Peyton Burdick, Joe Dunand, Bryson Brigman, Lorenzo Quintana, Tommy Eveld, Sean Guenther, etc.)
- Víctor Víctor Mesa’s bat
- MiLB debut and progress of Yiddi Cappe
- Griffin Conine’s swinging strike rate
- LoanDepot Park attendance
- Contract extension negotiations
- Miguel Rojas’ vesting option (500 plate appearances) and movement on Marlins all-time leaderboards
- Don Mattingly’s job security
- Reaching 10,000 followers on the @fishstripes Twitter account
Fish Stripes is ranked by Feedspot as the world’s No. 2 Miami Marlins podcast (trailing only the pod that’s produced by the franchise itself). Our programs include The Offishial Show, Big Fish Small Pod, Marlins Barbecue and Earning Their Stripes. All new episodes are posted to FishStripes.com/podcasts. You can subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Podbean, Megaphone or wherever you normally get your pods from.