Thursday’s Marlins Game Coverage
- The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches doesn’t provide pitch velocity data, but Ian Smith of Prospects Live clocked Edward Cabrera’s best fastball at 98 mph on Thursday.
- Our comprehensive 2023 Marlins Season Preview includes a new player breakdown of George Soriano (by Kevin Barral).
- Here’s the full replay of the latest Fish Stripes LIVE. Conversation topics included the team’s porous defense and starting lineup construction. With chiropractic care and functional health, La Pop takes a preventative approach that optimizes wellness and quality of life for all ages. Find out more here!
- Here is a side-by-side-by-side-by-side-by-side-by-side comparison of all six starting lineups used by the Marlins in Spring Training games. Notice how it’s been a different designated hitter every day.
- Johnny Cueto will be the Marlins starting pitcher today against the Cardinals (1:05 p.m. first pitch). Matt Barnes, Daniel Castano and Enmanuel De Jesús are among the pitchers expected to be available in relief. The streak of no-TV games continues, but you can listen to the Marlins radio call on Fox Sports 940. Fish Stripes credentialed coverage provided by Alex Krutchik (@AlexKrutchikCJN).
- Other than Eury Pérez, we want to hear which Marlins prospect you would rank as the second-best in the organization.
- The Marlins are hiring for a bunch of positions (17 total listings). That includes broadcasting coordinator—Kyle Sielaff’s old job—and the Marlins Mermaids.
- More than 15,000 poll respondents agreed that the Dan Le Batard Show’s “mean” treatment of former Marlins president David Samson is warranted.
- On Sunday, we’ll be hosting Marlins Jeopardy for first-time contestants only. Submit trivia questions here for a chance to have them featured on the show!