Marlins Podcast Episodes
- Sunday’s winter ball updates: J.D. Osborne (Melbourne Aces) went 0-for-4 while playing third base, a position he has rarely tried during his minor league career.
- Reminder that Jean Segura’s two-year contract with the Marlins is not yet official. There will need to be a corresponding 40-man roster move in order for the club to announce him. Expect closure on that this week.
- Listen back to the latest “State of the Fish” chat, moderated by Fish Stripes’ own Grant Kiefer. Join us live on Twitter every Sunday at 7:30 p.m. ET.
- It had been speculated that the Marlins could be a fit for free agent Eric Hosmer considering the organization’s lack of first base depth and Hosmer’s South Florida roots. However, the New York Post’s Jon Heyman reports that he is in active talks with the Cubs.
- Orioles Review pitches a handful of trade proposals centered around sending Edward Cabrera to Baltimore.
- The following Fish Stripes staffers are participating in 2023 Marlins Twitter Madness: Louis Addeo-Weiss (@addeo_louis00), Adam Akbani (@AdamAkbani), Isaac Azout (@IsaacAzout), Kevin Barral (@kevin_barral), Noah Berger (@Trainboy100), Nicole Cahill (@NicoleCahill_), Mike Ferguson (@MikeWFerguson), Grant Kiefer (@KieferMedia), Alex Krutchik (@AlexKrutichikCJN), Daniel Rodriguez (@Drodyyy), Hector Rodriguez (@Hector_Baseball) and yours truly (@RealEly). Support them by voting in their respective Fish On The Farm polls.
- Steve Cishek, one of the best relievers in Marlins history, has decided to retire. In total, Cishek made 737 regular season appearances for eight MLB teams. He finished up his career with the Nationals in 2022.
- On the Fish Stripes YouTube channel, I’ve been creating short videos of Marlins position player prospects, featuring their top plays from the 2022 minor league season. Will Banfield, Griffin Conine, Troy Johnston and Brian Miller are already posted. Who should I do next? Comment with your requests.