New Marlins Game Recap
New Farm System Report
- Marlins players who were in costume Sunday for this year’s rookie dress-up included Eddy Alvarez, Anthony Bender, Edward Cabrera, Paul Campbell, Jazz Chisholm Jr., Bryan De La Cruz, Lewin Díaz, Nick Fortes, Sean Guenther, Payton Henry, Alex Jackson, Luís Madero, Zach Pop, Trevor Rogers, Jesús Sánchez and Zach Thompson.
- The Marlins lost 85% of their interleague games (0-5 record in one-run games).
- Sandy Alcantara was very particular entering this season about his interest in throwing 200 innings. He reached that milestone on Saturday, joining an extremely exclusive club.
- Pablo López (right rotator cuff strain) threw a successful 21-pitch bullpen session on Sunday. The Marlins should be able to clear a roster spot for him in the coming days to make one final major league appearance in 2021 and enter the offseason with a teeny bit of momentum.
- Miguel Rojas (ring toe on his left foot) is hopeful but non-committal about being able to play regularly during the final week of the season.
- Ryan Finkelstein of Just Baseball remembers the unique atmosphere in and around Marlins Park on September 26, 2016 for the first game following José Fernández’s tragic death.
- Tonight’s 6:00 p.m. ET Fish Stripes Live show will be simulcast on our YouTube, Twitter and Twitch accounts, per usual.
- On this day in 2011, Bryan Petersen’s walk-off home run sealed one final Marlins win at their old ballpark of many names.
- Old friend Giancarlo Stanton is in the midst of another fiery hot streak at the plate, setting a Yankees-Red Sox rivalry record and individually out-producing the Sox en route to a series sweep that substantially strengthened New York’s position in the AL Wild Card race.
- Kevin Barral showcases the Marlins’ top plays from last week.