Marlins Game Highlights
New Fish Stripes Podcast
- Jazz Chisholm Jr. became the fifth-youngest player ever to have a multi-home run game at Marlins/LoanDepot Park—only Ronald Acuña Jr., Bryce Harper, Jason Heyward and Giancarlo Stanton were younger at the time of theirs.
- Jesús Sánchez made a bare-handed catch in medium-deep right field to save himself from an embarrassing misplay.
- Miguel Rojas entered as a pinch-hitter in the bottom of the seventh inning. That marked his 721st career regular season game for the Marlins, passing the legendary Miguel Cabrera for ninth place on the franchise’s all-time list.
- Neither Jesús Aguilar nor Jorge Alfaro have been cleared for baseball activities, which essentially confirms that both of them are out for the season with their respective knee injuries. Pablo López’s outlook is better as he’ll be throwing another bullpen session today. Also, Jon Berti (concussion) has been fielding grounders and hitting in the cage.
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 56% chance to win their next game against the Nationals.
- Double-A standouts Max Meyer and Peyton Burdick are getting promoted to Jacksonville for the final two weeks of the Triple-A season. Meyer is projected to make his Jumbo Shrimp debut on Thursday.
- On the heels of a spectacular age-18 season at the Low-A and High-A levels, Eury Pérez was added to Baseball America’s Top 100 MLB prospects list.
- A separate BA article dubs Pérez the Marlins prospect who most improved is stock in 2021.
- I did some research on Bryan De La Cruz’s sky-high batting average of balls in play.
- On Baseball Trade Values, a user proposes that the Marlins send Miguel Rojas and Lewin Díaz to the Yankees for Gleyber Torres. You can see in the comments of the post that I disputed the fit from Miami’s perspective and made the case for raising the site’s value estimate for Díaz.
- Check out a full replay of the latest Fish Stripes Live:
- The Marlins are on pace to receive the sixth overall pick in the 2022 MLB Draft.
- On this day in 1996, the Marlins walked off to victory on back-to-back homers.
- Candy Digital’s MLB Stadium Series of digital collectibles now includes NFTs of LoanDepot Park. They’re selling the open edition for $100 apiece and holding an auction through Thursday at 7 p.m. ET for this single edition 1-of-1. The auction winner will receive four game tickets in The Club: DEX Imaging, four stadium tour tickets, an autographed game-used bat, and an alumni player meet-and-greet.
- If you or somebody you knows wants pitching lessons from prospect Will Stewart, send him a direct message on Instagram.