New Fish Stripes Podcast
- Wednesday’s minor league scores: Triple-A Jacksonville lost, 5-1; Double-A Pensacola won, 8-6; High-A Beloit lost, 6-5; Low-A Jupiter lost, 2-1; FCL Marlins lost, 5-4. Griffin Conine is again all alone atop the MiLB leaderboard with 35 home runs.
- Assuming Zach Thompson gets the start (still hasn’t been confirmed), FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 39% chance to win their series finale against the Mets.
- Trevor Rogers (restricted list) and Joe Panik (COVID related injured list) were both activated Wednesday night. All 28 spots on the expanded Marlins active roster are now full.
- Louis Addeo-Weiss believes the Marlins should go after Carlos Correa in free agency, price be damned.
- Juan Páez has selected four finalists for our August 2021 Marlin of the Month award. Voting will remain open through Friday.
Who gets your vote for Marlin of the Month in August 2021?
This poll is closed
Bryan De La Cruz
- Aram Leighton of Just Baseball explains how bizarre roster management and player usage has hurt the Marlins this season.
- Swimming Upstream recaps a busy August in the Marlins farm system.
- Bryan De La Cruz finished August with a .508 batting average on balls in play. That is the second-highest ever in a single month for a regularly used Marlins position player (Preston Wilson had a .509 BABIP in July 1999).
- Congrats to SkepticFishFan, our August 2021 Fish Picks champion. Their Perfect Game on Tuesday made all the difference. Everybody’s encouraged to participate in the free prop bets contest as we enter the final month of the regular season.