New Marlins Game Recap
New Farm System Report
- Friday’s minor league scores: Triple-A Jacksonville lost, 4-3 (F/10); High-A Beloit won, 8-3; DSL Marlins won, 8-1; Double-A Pensacola was postponed due to COVID contract tracing and Low-A Jupiter was postponed due to rain.
- Payton Henry became the 11th player in modern baseball history and first since Willy Adames (2018) to record an extra-base hit and three strikeouts in his major league debut.
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 56% chance to win their next game against the Pirates.
- Craig Mish reports that the Marlins and Advocates for Minor Leaguers have begun conversations about how to improve housing options for the organization’s farmhands.
- Nicole Cahill visualizes Miguel Rojas’ growth as a player and describes what he means to the Marlins off the field as well.
- On Friday, Rojas made his 500th plate appearance of the season to trigger the 2022 option in his contract ($5.5 million salary).
Thank you Craig means a lot … I’m looking forward to stay here in south Florida https://t.co/FvKGb43Pn1— Miguel Rojas (@MRojasOfficial) September 18, 2021
- Edward Cabrera (No. 32), Max Meyer (No. 34), Eury Pérez (No. 41), Kahlil Watson (No. 48) and Jake Eder (No. 96) are all ranked among Just Baseball’s Top 100 MLB prospects.
- No other MLB team is loaded with as much with Dominican talent as the Marlins.
- Old friend Starling Marte comfortably leads the majors in stolen bases. He’ll also be fighting for MLB’s highest batting average down the stretch...but can’t actually get a “batting title” out of it, as MLB.com’s Sarah Langs explains.
- Son Los Marlins had a front-row seat to see the Jupiter Hammerheads win on Thursday.
- Pensacola Blue Wahoos Stadium is once again available on AirBnB (as it was throughout 2020). It can host up to 10 guests at a price of $1,571 per night.
- Sunday is Women Empowerment Day at LoanDepot Park. Tickets on sale here include access to a pregame panel and an exclusive Marlins t-shirt.