New Fish Stripes Podcast
- Wednesday’s minor league scores: Triple-A Jacksonville won, 7-3; Double-A Pensacola lost, 4-0; High-A Beloit lost, 8-6; Low-A Jupiter lost, 8-7; FCL Marlins won, 10-5. Max Meyer finished his Double-A South season on a high note, leading all of the league’s qualifiers with a 2.43 earned run average. Brian Miller raised his stolen base total to 34, giving him the outright organizational lead in that department.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (nine home runs) is the only MLB player who has outhomered Jesús Sánchez (eight) since August 28. Also, Sánchez and Lewin Díaz became the first Marlins teammates with multi-homer games on back-to-back days since Justin Bour and J.T. Realmuto in 2018.
- Kameron Misner joined Swimming Upstream to discuss the growth in the game and making adjustments.
- Kim Ng tells the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp’s Scott Kornberg that the Marlins are determined to acquire more “impact bats” this offseason and “won’t be picky” about which positions they play.
- Louis Addeo-Weiss has seen enough of Anthony Bass and doesn’t believe he’s worth a roster spot for 2022 (I understand his frustration but disagree).
- We’ll have an off day edition of Fish Stripes Live beginning at 6:00 p.m. ET on YouTube, Twitter and Twitch.
- Man On 2nd covers storylines for the final stretch of the 2021 season.
- Sunday is Women Empowerment Day at LoanDepot Park. Tickets on sale here include access to a pregame panel and an exclusive Marlins t-shirt.