New Marlins Game Recaps
New Fish Stripes Podcast
- As far as I can recall, Tuesday was the first time all year that the Marlins and each of their full-season MiLB affiliates played games on the same day and all lost (an “organizational sweep”).
- Players from three affiliates contacted Advocates for Minor Leaguers to detail the poor housing situation in the Marlins organization.
- Don Mattingly expects Trevor Rogers (restricted list) and Joe Panik (COVID related injured list) to be added to the Marlins active roster prior to Thursday’s game. Interestingly, Panik hasn’t played any minor league rehab games despite missing three weeks of action.
- Craig Mish and Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald run through various Marlins trade and free agent targets to address the team’s needs at catcher and center field.
- Juan Páez has selected four finalists for our August 2021 Marlin of the Month award. Voting will remain open through Friday.
- The previously mentioned podcast episode with JJ Cooper of Baseball America is finally happening on Thursday (to be published Friday morning). Comment below with any questions that you have for him.
- I made some subtle changes to my Marlins Top 30 prospects list, including the addition of Beloit slugger Troy Johnston, who has an extraordinary .404 on-base percentage in 2021.
- Fish On The Farm has added new voices to cover Marlins prospects! Here is Susan Macak’s debut article about Triple-A Jacksonville lefty Jake Fishman.
- Dan Martin of The Crawfish Boxes has been impressed with old friend Ryne Stanek. The right-hander leads all Astros relievers in strikeouts this season (72).
- Alex Contreras wants you to help name his new dog. Something baseball- or Marlins-related, please.