New Marlins Game Recap
New Farm System Report
New Fish Stripes Podcast
- While batting in the top of the ninth inning on Sunday, Lewis Brinson was berated twice with the n-word. The Rockies are investigating the incident.
- Sunday’s minor league scores: Triple-A Jacksonville won, 6-4, and 5-0 (doubleheader); Double-A Pensacola lost, 5-2; High-A Beloit lost, 15-13. Spoiler alert: Peyton Burdick will win Double-A South Player of the Week honors for his incredible performance against Biloxi.
- Through the first 25 years of Marlins baseball, the franchise had never allowed 13-plus runs multiple times in the same series. Including last weekend at Coors Field, that has now happened three times since current ownership arrived.
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a miniscule 33% chance to win their series opener against the Padres.
- It’s unclear whether Jorge Alfaro (short of breath) and Jazz Chisholm Jr. (flu-like symptoms) will be available to play.
- From 9:10-10:10 p.m. ET, Fish Stripes Live will cover all the key storylines for the Marlins vs. Padres series. Join the conversation on YouTube, Twitter or Twitch.
- Adopt A Minor Leaguer is trying to connect two Marlins players with sponsors! Send them a direct message if you’re able to help.
- On this day in 1996, Luis Castillo sealed a Marlins win with his first career walk-off hit.