New Fish Stripes Podcast
First and foremost, Fish Stripes is thinking of everybody being impacted by Hurricane Ida, which made landfall in Louisiana on Sunday.
- Monday’s minor league scores: FCL Marlins won, 9-2; DSL Marlins lost, 14-2 (completion of a previously suspended game), and won, 9-3 (F/7). Top draft pick Kahlil Watson is now hitting an even .400 in pro ball.
- No minor league action for Jake Eder for the rest of 2021 or 2022—he’ll soon be undergoing Tommy John surgery.
- Pitcher List ranks Sandy Alcantara (No. 12), Edward Cabrera (No. 49), Elieser Hernandez (No. 51), Zach Thompson (No. 61) and Jesús Luzardo (No. 73) among the Top 100 starting pitchers for fantasy baseball.
- Trevor Rogers will rejoin that Top 100 soon! He has returned from his rehab assignment to travel with the Fish to New York. Rogers should be activated from the restricted list for this weekend’s series vs. the Phillies.
- Christina De Nicola of MLB.com notes that the interim period between April 11’s originally scheduled game and this afternoon’s resumption is historic.
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 43% chance to win their seven-inning night game against the Mets.
- The latest Fish Stripes Live show was, if I do say so myself, one of our best of the season. I recommend rewatching it, or get the audio-only version on the Fish Stripes podcast channel.
- Old friend Giancarlo Stanton has had an awesome August. Not as awesome as the August of his 2017 MVP season, but still a standout performance relative to the rest of the league.