New Marlins Game Recap
New Farm System Report
First and foremost, Fish Stripes is thinking of everybody being impacted by Hurricane Ida, which made landfall in Louisiana on Sunday.
- Sunday’s minor league scores: Triple-A Jacksonville won, 4-3; High-A Beloit won, 9-8 (F/10); Low-A Jupiter won, 7-2. Combined with the Marlins’ victory, that’s an organizational sweep!
- Jesús Luzardo did something on Sunday that no other Marlin had done since Edinson Vólquez’s no-hitter. Despite only coming to Miami a month ago and struggling in the majority of his starts, Luzardo is now tied for fifth among all Marlins pitchers with three wins.
- All indications are that Trevor Rogers will resume his stellar rookie campaign next weekend when the Fish host the Phillies. He combined for 8 1⁄3 scoreless innings in his two rehab starts with Jupiter.
- Join us from 6:00-7:00 p.m. ET on YouTube, Twitter or Twitch for a fresh Fish Stripes Live.
- Old friend Corey Dickerson has made a nice impression on the Blue Jays. Should they consider signing him to a contract extension?
- Edward Cabrera is thankful for reaching the major leagues.
- Kevin Barral unveils last week’s top five Marlins plays.
- Congrats to Steve Wine on his retirement after 34 years of sports coverage for The Associated Press! The Marlins honored him with a cake, framed photos and a message on the videoboard (h/t Jordan McPherson, Miami Herald).