New Marlins Game Recap
New Fish Stripes Podcast
- Thursday’s minor league scores: Triple-A Jacksonville won, 4-3; High-A Beloit lost, 8-0; Low-A Jupiter won, 4-1; DSL Marlins won, 18-1 (F/7), and lost, 6-5 (F/8); Double-A Pensacola was postponed due to their opponents’ COVID-related contract tracing; FCL Marlins was postponed due to rain. It’s unclear how many (if any) of the Pensacola-Mississippi games will be made up before season’s end.
- Zach Pop’s rehab start with Jupiter (1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 20 pitches) seemingly puts him on track to be activated from the injured list in the coming days.
- Bryan De La Cruz’s .385 batting average in August is third-best among MLB qualifiers.
- Lewis Brinson suffered a left thumb sprain and was charged with his first error of the season.
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 48% chance to win their series opener against the Reds.
- Jim Bowden of The Athletic ranks Kahlil Watson (No. 30), Edward Cabrera (No. 36), Max Meyer (No. 41) and Jake Eder (No. 48) among his Top 50 MLB prospects.
- Old friend Starling Marte stole his major league-leading 40th base of the season. He’s a perfect 18-for-18 on steal attempts since the trade!
- Join us from 6:10-7:10 p.m. ET on YouTube, Twitter or Twitch for a fresh Fish Stripes Live.
- South Florida residents have until Sunday to enter the Trip To Beloit sweepstakes.
- Here are the youngsters who Fish Stripes intern Kevin Barral wants to see called up in September.
- On sale soon, Jazz Chisholm Jr.’s “Prince Jazz” cleats—inspired by “Purple Rain”—will benefit More Than Baseball’s mission to improve quality of life for minor leaguers.
- Five Reasons Sports Network has partnered with Joe Frisaro’s Man On Second Baseball. Frisaro tells you what to expect from their coverage.