The Miami Marlins look to snap their seven-game losing streak as they begin a home series against the Washington Nationals. If you’re looking for a reason to tune in this week, do so on Wednesday when Marlins’ top prospect Edward Cabrera makes his major league debut.
This series preview will give you all the details:
- Schedule, Watch, Listen
- Probable Pitchers
- Recent Lineups
- What To Watch For
Schedule, Watch, Listen
Tuesday, August 24 at 7:10 pm
Wednesday, August 25 at 7:10 pm
Thursday, August 26 at 7:10 pm
- TV broadcast for all 3 games: Bally Sports Florida
- Radio broadcast for all 3 games: 940 AM WINZ, WAQI 710
- Erick Fedde, Nationals starting pitcher on Tuesday Photo by Geoff Burke/USA TODAY Sports
- Jesús Luzardo, Marlins starting pitcher on Tuesday Photo by Jim Rassol/USA TODAY Sports
- Josiah Gray, Nationals starting pitcher on Wednesday Photo by Brad Mills/USA TODAY Sports
- Edward Cabrera, Marlins starting pitcher on Wednesday Photo by Joel Auerbach/Getty Images
- Patrick Corbin, Nationals starting pitcher on Thursday Photo by Jeff Hanisch/USA TODAY Sports
- Elieser Hernandez, Marlins starting pitcher on Thursday Photo by Rhona Wise/USA TODAY Sports
- Fedde: 5.14 ERA, 1.433 WHIP, 20.6 K%, 41.8 HardHit% in 96.1 IP
- Luzardo: 7.76 ERA, 1.778 WHIP, 21.8 K%, 38.0 HardHit% in 55.2 IP
- Gray: 2.86 ERA, 1.045 WHIP, 24.4 K%, 30.6 HardHit% in 22.0 IP
- Cabrera (2021 Minors): 2.93 ERA, 1.141 WHIP in 61.1 IP
- Corbin: 5.82 ERA, 1.391 WHIP, 18.6 K%, 40.4 HardHit% in 133.0 IP
- Hernandez: 4.15 ERA, 0.981 WHIP, 26.4 K%, 33.3 HardHit% in 17.1 IP
What to watch for on...
Tuesday: Can the Fish snap their streak?
- After a decent outing in his first start for the Marlins, Jesús Luzardo struggled in his next three starts.
- He’ll need to limit the walks, which he’s allowing a staggering 18% of the time since joining the Marlins. The Nationals offense isn’t a potent as it once was, so it should be an easier test for Luzardo than the Braves lineup he faced last time out.
Let’s check in on Edward Cabrera’s Sunday Night. pic.twitter.com/I8H4zLCFno— Miami Marlins (@Marlins) August 23, 2021
Wednesday: Edward Cabrera takes the mound for his major league debut.
- Cabrera is the Marlins’ top pitching prospect and the No. 30 prospect in all of baseball, per MLB Pipeline. He has the ability to miss bats with his fastball, slider and changeup, though his control was inconsistent against Triple-A competition. He’ll be the 18th different starting pitcher used by the Marlins this season (far and away a franchise record).
- Check out Ethan Budowsky’s article for all you need to know about the right-handed pitcher.
- Rojas vs. Corbin: 12-for-29, 3 BB, 1 K, 2 HR.
- The captain is hitting well in August, slashing .311/.354/.459 over 19 games. He also has good career numbers against the left-hander.
How will this series play out?
This poll is closed
Marlins sweep, 3-0
Marlins win, 2-1
Nationals win, 2-1
Nationals sweep, 3-0