New Marlins Game Recap
New Farm System Report
New Fish Stripes Podcast
- Sunday’s minor league scores: Triple-A Jacksonville won, 8-6; Double-A Pensacola won, 9-1; High-A Beloit lost, 6-4 (F/12); Low-A Jupiter lost, 9-4. MiLB home run leader Griffin Conine went yard twice (both times to the opposite field). Unsurprisingly, he earned recognition on MLB Pipeline as one of the day’s top prospect performers.
- Sandy Alcantara established a new career high with 11 strikeouts against the Reds. However, he continues to be victimized by poor run support. This was Alcantara’s 10th start of the season of seven-plus innings and two or fewer runs allowed—the Marlins are 3-7 in those games.
- A young Marlins fan based in Cincinnati explains why he has reached his breaking point.
- Old friend Miguel Cabrera is the 28th member of MLB’s 500 home run club. Miggy and Gary Sheffield are the only former Marlins to reach that milestone.
- While the Marlins rest up on Monday, the Braves and Yankees meet in Atlanta with both teams riding nine-game winning streaks.
- MLB.com picks JJ Bleday as the current player who’s most likely to still be with the Marlins in 2028.
- Marlins Impact Week is underway, focused on wellness, empowerment and youth baseball and softball. Today at LoanDepot Park, Chef Adrianne Calvo hosts a “Cooking at the Plate” demonstration at The DEX Imaging Club for students from KIPP Miami centered around eating healthy.