New Marlins Game Recap
- Tuesday’s minor league scores: Triple-A Jacksonville lost, 3-2; Double-A Pensacola was tied, 7-7, when their game was suspended in the 10th inning due to rain; High-A Beloit lost, 10-6; Low-A Jupiter lost, 10-6; FCL Marlins were suspended due to rain in the second inning; DSL Marlins lost, 2-0 (F/6).
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 41% chance to win their series finale against the Padres.
- Lewis Brinson used to be have a hole in a swing. Not so much anymore, as I explain here.
- Jordan McPherson of the Miami Herald covers Alex Jackson’s homecoming to San Diego and how he is getting acclimated to the Fish.
- Elieser Hernandez (quad strain) was dominant over five innings in his latest Triple-A rehab start. I see no reason why he can’t return to the Marlins rotation during their upcoming homestand.
- Zachary Rymer of Bleacher Report picks Brian Anderson as the Marlins player most likely to be traded this offseason. I would probably go with Hernandez (assuming he looks solid during the final quarter of the season).
- Best wishes to my 18th-ranked Marlins prospect José Devers, who has undergone surgery for a posterior labrum tear in his right shoulder. Garrett Cooper had Tommy John surgery on his non-throwing arm. Both players are obviously out for the remainder of 2021.
- Two-time Olympic silver medalist Eddy Alvarez told MLB Central all about his experience in Tokyo. He’ll report to Jacksonville in the coming days, but Alvarez predictably says he dreams of being called up by the Marlins again by the end of the year.
- Did you think Dancing Tony Gimenez had retired? Not so fast! (h/t Zack Raab)