New Marlins Game Recap
New Fish Stripes Podcasts
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 42% chance to win their series finale against the Dodgers.
- Garrett Cooper is batting .483 since returning from the injured list on June 25, easily the best mark among MLB qualifiers during that span. Same story with his .615 on-base percentage, too.
- Let him start every day, Juan Páez says.
- Jesús Aguilar’s walk-off on Wednesday was his first home run in nearly 180 plate appearances at LoanDepot Park.
- Tony Capobianco of Five Reasons Sports believes both Aguilar and Adam Duvall were All-Star worthy.
- Duvall, who’s been feeling “under the weather” in recent days, was not invited to the Home Run Derby. Joey Gallo and Juan Soto have been announced as the final players in the eight-man field.
- Devan Fink of FanGraphs explains how seam-shifted wake makes Zach Thompson’s cutter such a dominant pitch.
- Right-hander Zach McCambley has been promoted to Double-A Pensacola, joining fellow 2020 draftees Max Meyer and Jake Eder in the Blue Wahoos starting rotation.
- Just Baseball debuted Outside the Box with Jeff Conine, a twice weekly podcast where Mr. Marlin will reflect on his illustrious baseball career and comment on the current state of the game.
- Cute pics from the Boys and Girls Club of Miami-Dade of kids participating in the Marlins Jr. RBI league.