New Marlins Game Recap
New Fish Stripes Podcast
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 37% chance to win their next game against the Dodgers.
- Tuesday’s win was the fifth straight one-run game for the Marlins, their longest such streak since May 7-11, 2001. And it was only the second time this season that at least six Miami relievers had scoreless appearances in the same game, according to Stathead.
- Former Marlins pitcher Trevor Richards was just traded again, this time from the Brewers to the Blue Jays for first baseman Rowdy Tellez. That seemingly eliminates Milwaukee as a trade destination for Jesús Aguilar or Garrett Cooper.
- Following a busy night on the basepaths, Starling Marte is on pace to become the first Marlins player since Dee Strange-Gordon in 2017 to steal 30-plus bases in a season (Dee’s total of 60 is not going to be challenged, though). Strange-Gordon, previously on a minor league deal with the Cubs, just elected free agency on Tuesday.
- Juan Páez writes about the importance of locking Marte up to a contract extension.
- Aram Leighton covers a ton of topics on a new Locked On Marlins episode.
- Jeremy Taché joined the NL (f)East podcast to discuss the state of the Fish.
- The nasty cutter Walker Buehler used to strike out Jazz Chisholm Jr. on Monday night drew a big reaction from Nick Pollack of Pitcher List.
- Tuesday brought its usual flurry of Marlins MiLB transactions. Our roster tracker has been updated to reflect them. Best wishes to outfielder Lorenzo Hampton and infielder Nick Lovullo who were released by the organization, and to newly retired right-hander Zach Wolf.
- These “Venezuela” Adidas Adizero Afterburner 7 Cleats are the newest addition to Miguel Rojas’ custom shoe collection on Stadium Custom Kicks.
- The latest FanGraphs MLB mock draft has the Marlins taking prep right-hander Andrew Painter in the first round, though Eric Longenhagen and Kevin Goldstein admit that the team’s thought process is “hard to pin down.”
- Any last-minute Marlins draft questions for us? Thursday’s full podcast episode will be devoted to that topic.