This series preview will give you all the details:
- Schedule, Watch, Listen
- Probable Pitchers
- Recent Lineups
- What To Watch For
As of July 6 at noon: The Dodgers have pushed Julio Urías’ start back to Thursday. They have stated that Wednesday will now be a bullpen day. The Marlins are also going with a bullpen day on Wednesday.
Schedule, Watch, Listen
Monday, July 5 at 6:40 pm
Tuesday, July 6 at 7:10 pm
- TV broadcast for first 2 games: Bally Sports Florida
- Radio broadcast for first 2 games: 940 AM WINZ, WAQI 710
Wednesday, July 7 at 7:10 pm
- TV: Bally Sports Florida, ESPN
- Radio: 940 AM WINZ, WAQI 710
Thursday, July 8 at 12:10 pm
- TV: Bally Sports Florida, MLB Network (out-of-market only)
- Radio: 940 AM WINZ, WAQI 710
- Walker Buehler, Dodgers starting pitcher on Monday Photo by Jayne Kamin-Oncea/USA TODAY Sports
- Trevor Rogers, Marlins starting pitcher on Monday Photo by Bill Streicher/USA TODAY Sports
- Tony Gonsolin, Dodgers starting pitcher on Tuesday Photo by Geoff Burke/USA TODAY Sports
- Pablo López, Marlins starting pitcher on Tuesday Photo by Brett Davis/USA TODAY Sports
- Jake Reed, Dodgers starting pitcher on Wednesday Photo by David Dermer/USA TODAY Sports
- Ross Detwiler, Marlins starting pitcher on Wednesday Photo by Brett Davis/USA TODAY Sports
- Julio Urías, Dodgers starting pitcher on Wednesday Photo by Geoff Burke/USA TODAY Sports
- Sandy Alcantara, Marlins starting pitcher on Thursday Photo by Dale Zanine/USA TODAY Sports
- Buehler: 2.35 ERA, 0.900 WHIP, 25.4 K%, 38.7 HardHit% in 103.1 IP
- Rogers: 2.14 ERA, 1.040 WHIP, 30.0 K%, 36.2 HardHit% in 92.1 IP
- Gonsolin: 2.81 ERA, 1.563 WHIP, 30.6 K%, 32.4 HardHit% in 16.0 IP
- López: 2.97 ERA, 1.077 WHIP, 25.8 K%, 33.1 HardHit% in 91.0 IP
- Reed: 13.50 ERA, 6.000 WHIP, 16.7 K%, 50.0 HardHit% in 0.2 IP
- Detwiler: 3.23 ERA, 1.076 WHIP, 27.9 K%, 30.4 HardHit% in 30.2 IP
- Urías: 3.81 ERA, 1.067 WHIP, 27.4 K%, 32.7 HardHit% in 99.1 IP
- Alcantara: 2.96 ERA, 1.092 WHIP, 21.3 K%, 37.2 HardHit% in 112.2 IP
What to watch for on...
Monday: Hello, Mr. All-Star: Trevor Rogers.
- Rogers checked off another “first” accomplishment last night: he was named to the 2021 NL All-Star team.
- When the Marlins played the Dodgers earlier this season, Rogers didn’t get to see the reigning World Series Champs. He’ll be matched up against the Dodgers’ young right-handed stud Walker Buehler to kick off the series on Monday night.
Tuesday: Let’s start over, Pablo López.
- López takes the mound after his one-pitch loss courtesy of the ump show on Friday evening.
- When he faced the Dodgers in May, López allowed two runs on seven hits. Over his five innings of work, he walked one batter and struck out three. Mookie Betts, who has been struggling as of late, collected two of those hits.
Wednesday: Marlins newcomer, Joe Panik.
- Panik career vs. Urías: 4-for-11 with two doubles and an average exit velocity of 90.4 mph.
- Marlins fans will see Panik for the first time at home in this series against the Dodgers. He’s faced Wednesday’s starter Julio Urías more than anyone on the team and has had a bit of success.
Thursday: Step on up, Sandy Alcantara.
- Alcantara vs. Dodgers in May: 1.1 IP, 8 ER, 7 H, 2 BB, 3 K.
- After an ugly outing against the Dodgers earlier this season, Alcantara has been pitching well. In 61.2 innings since then, his ERA is just a smidge over two with 17 walks and 46 strikeouts. He’ll be looking to redeem himself on Thursday afternoon.
How will this series play out?
This poll is closed
Marlins sweep, 4-0
Marlins win, 3-1
Tie, 2 wins apiece
Dodgers win, 3-1
Dodgers sweep, 4-0