New Marlins Game Recap
New Fish Stripes Podcast
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 37% chance to win their series opener against the Dodgers.
- Zach Thompson has begun his MLB career with 31 strikeouts through five games. Dontrelle Willis (34) is the only pitcher in Marlins history to rack up more K’s in his first five.
- Joe Dunand and Monte Harrison are expected to come off the injured list for Triple-A Jacksonville after a week rehabbing with Low-A Jupiter. Dunand went 2-for-14 (.343 OPS) at the plate on rehab; Harrison went 4-for-16 (.743 OPS).
- Troy Johnston leads all Marlins minor leaguers in hits and runs batted in this season. Johnston joins Swimming Upstream to explain his growth since being a late-round 2019 draft pick and his newfound power-hitting.
- First-time MLB All-Star Trevor Rogers unsurprisingly continues to hold the top spot among National League players on Baseball America’s Rookie of the Year watch.
- Adam Duvall narrowly beat out Rogers for our June Marlin of the Month award. His July candidacy is off to a strong start after mashing the Braves over the weekend!
- Jacob deGrom won’t pitch in the All-Star Game, which will open up an extra spot on the National League roster (possibly for Sandy Alcantara?).
- Jordan McPherson of the Miami Herald selects the key stats that tell the story of the Marlins’ first 81 games.
- The Dominican Summer League opens its 2021 season on July 12 (the league traditionally starts in mid-to-late June).
- Fish Across the Pond host Peter Pratt has two new t-shirts available: Brinson Island and Up añd Iñ.
- We’ll have another edition of Fish Stripes Live at 5:40 p.m. ET, streaming on the Fish Stripes Twitter, Twitch and YouTube accounts.
- Stickerz by AB mixes new-age Miami baseball with the retro days.
- Last Thursday, our partners at SimBull began selling shares of 65 college football teams at their initial share offering prices. Perfect time for new users to make their first deposit! Use promo FISHSTRIPES to receive a $10 deposit bonus.
- LoanDepot Park returns to open, full-capacity seating this week. Homestand highlights include postgame fireworks on Monday, a Venezuelan Heritage celebration on Saturday and the season’s first Bark at the Park game on Sunday.