New Farm System Report
New Fish Stripes Podcast
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 52% chance to win their series opener against the Orioles.
- Monday’s trades: Pirates 2B/OF Adam Frazier to the Padres for INF/OF Tucupita Marcano, OF Jack Suwinski and RHP Michell Miliano; Pirates RHP Clay Holmes to the Yankees for INF Diego Castillo and INF Hoy Jun Park; Cubs Andrew Chafin to the Athletics for OF Greg Deichmann and RHP Daniel Palencia.
- The Marlins are “getting close” to finalizing the signing of their top draft pick, Kahlil Watson, reports Christina De Nicola of MLB.com. I still predict that we’ll have to wait until Sunday’s signing deadline for a formal announcement.
- If the Marlins focus on only on thing prior to July 30, De Nicola writes that it should be getting something substantial in exchange for Starling Marte after failing to find common ground with him on a contract extension.
- The Reds have shown interest in acquiring Miguel Rojas to fill their shortstop void, via Peter Gammons, but Miami seems determined to hold onto him.
- A longtime infielder, congrats to Osiris Johnson who earned a spot on MLB Pipeline’s Prospect Team of the Week as an outfielder. As mentioned in the farm report, he had a conspicuously earlier exit from Monday’s game. Hopefully everything’s okay.
- Sandy Alcantara ranks 16th and Zach Thompson ranks 70th on Pitcher List’s updated Top 100 starting pitchers for fantasy baseball.
- Check out Fish Stripes Live on our Twitter/Twitch/YouTube accounts from 6:05-7:05 p.m. counting down to first pitch of the series opener against the Orioles.
- Kevin Barral presents the club’s top plays from last week.
- Outside the Box with Jeff Conine welcomes a special guest: former Marlins closer Robb Nen.
- Around the Foghorn has five proposals for Marlins-Giants trades.
- Mike Alexander made his Fish Stripes photog debut at Sunday’s Marlins win over the Padres.