This series preview will give you all the details:
- Schedule, Watch, Listen
- Probable Pitchers
- Recent Lineups
- What To Watch For
Schedule, Watch, Listen
Friday, July 2 at 7:20 pm
Saturday, July 3 at 4:10 pm
Sunday, July 4 at 1:20 pm
- TV broadcast for all 3 games: Bally Sports Florida
- Radio broadcast for all 3 games: 940 AM WINZ, WAQI 710
- Pablo López, Marlins starting pitcher on Friday Photo by Jim Rassol/USA TODAY Sports
- Drew Smyly, Braves starting pitcher on Friday Photo by Brett Davis/USA TODAY Sports
- Sandy Alcantara, Marlins starting pitcher on Saturday Photo by Jeff Curry/USA TODAY Sports
- Kyle Muller, Braves starting pitcher on Saturday Photo by Brad Penner/USA TODAY Sports
- Zach Thompson, Marlins starting pitcher on Sunday Photo by Jim Rassol/USA TODAY Sports
- Charlie Morton, Braves starting pitcher on Sunday Photo by Dale Zanine/USA TODAY Sports
- López: 2.87 ERA, 1.077 WHIP, 25.8 K%, 33.1 HardHit% in 91.0 IP
- Smyly: 4.79 ERA, 1.315 WHIP, 19.7 K%, 43.0 HardHit% in 67.2 IP
- Alcantara: 3.12 ERA, 1.069 WHIP, 21.7 K%, 36.8 HardHit% in 106.2 IP
- Muller: 2.70 ERA, 1.000 WHIP, 32.5 K%, 30.4 HardHit% in 10.0 IP
- Thompson: 1.50 ERA, 1.000 WHIP, 34.3 K%, 45.0 HardHit% in 18.0 IP
- Morton: 3.74 ERA, 1.131 WHIP, 27.5 K%, 34.1 HardHit% in 86.2 IP
What to watch for on...
Friday: Can Pablo López step it up against the Braves?
- López’s two 2021 starts against Atlanta: 7.0 IP, 15 H, 10 ER, 3 BB, 8 K, 3 HR.
- Looking at all of López’s starts this season, both outings against the Braves were two of his worst this season. One match-up to look for is when Freddie Freeman comes to the plate. He’s been hot at the plate over the last two weeks (.339/.403/.464) and has faced López the most with decent results.
Saturday: Marlins face the Braves #5 prospect, Kyle Muller.
- Two of Muller’s three outings were starts, and he was fantastic in both.
- Against the Reds last week, Muller went five strong innings, allowed just one hit, and struck out nine batters. He recorded 16 whiffs and walked just two batters.
Sunday: Marlins face veteran Charlie Morton.
- Morton vs. Marlins on June 11: 4.0 IP, 4 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 3 K.
- He wasn’t sharp against the Marlins in early June, but current Marlins hitters haven’t had much success against Morton (.226 batting average, 4 walks, 19 strikeouts). Two of the four hits he allowed in his previous start came off the bat of Jazz Chisholm Jr. He’s been cold at the plate, but look for him to get going against the Braves right-hander.
How will this series play out?
This poll is closed
Marlins sweep, 3-0
Marlins win, 2-1
Braves win, 2-1
Braves sweep, 3-0