New Farm System Report
New Fish Stripes Podcast
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 44% chance to win their series opener against the Braves.
- Updated Baseball America MLB power rankings have the Marlins at No. 23.
- MLB Pipeline’s latest mock draft has the Fish selecting Kansas State LHP Jordan Wicks with their first-round pick, while noting “there are a host of high school bats who could be in play here as well.”
- If Kevin Goldstein of FanGraphs were running Miami’s front office, he would approach the trade deadline as sellers, with the caveat that “the Marlins understandably believe they are close to turning a corner, so prospect targets will be of the more advanced variety.”
- Man On Second Baseball weighs in on the Starling Marte trade candidate/extension candidate saga.
- Our June 2021 Marlin of the Month award finalists: Sandy Alcantara, Jon Berti, Trevor Rogers and Adam Duvall. Rogers has been the leading vote-getter for every previous month this season.
Who gets your vote for Marlin of the Month in June 2021?
This poll is closed
- New Sandy Alcantara bobblehead giveaway! It’s easy to enter on Twitter.
- This week only, Topps is selling a hand-painted Rogers baseball card modeled after one of the company’s 1953 designs.
- Swimming Upstream talks about the state of the Marlins farm system, including the start of the Florida Complex League, and reports that left-hander Luis Palacios will soon make his MiLB full-season debut with Low-A Jupiter.
- There will be playoffs for most levels of Minor League Baseball. With 69 regular season games remaining, the Double-A Pensacola Blue Wahoos are on pace to qualify.
- Andrew McInvale pitched one perfect inning of relief for Pensacola in his Marlins organization debut.
- Fellow Double-A reliever Anthony Maldonado is on track to begin a minor league rehab assignment next week and rejoin the Blue Wahoos shortly after that.
- Thursday was a glorious day for our partners at SimBull: the ISO of SimCFB. Great addition to the platform that already has MLB, NFL and NBA team stocks.
- Locked On Marlins looks ahead to the Braves series.
- We’ll have another edition of Fish Stripes Live at 6:20 p.m. ET, streaming on the Fish Stripes Twitter, Twitch and YouTube accounts.
- Club 305 is a free, interactive program that rewards young fans—ages 14 and younger—for visiting loanDepot park to cheer on the Marlins. This re-imagined kids club is a new branch of the Home Run Rewards program.
- The Team USA baseball team for the Tokyo Olympics will be revealed on MLB Network at 12 p.m. ET. Eddy Alvarez is expected to make the cut.