New Fish Stripes Podcast
On Day 3 of the 2021 MLB Draft, the Marlins selected the following players:
- Round 11, No. 329 overall pick—Jesse Bergin, RHP, UCLA
- Round 12, No. 359 overall pick—Brandon White, RHP, Washington State
- Round 13, No. 389 overall pick—Chandler Jozwiak, LHP, Texas A&M
- Round 14, No. 419 overall pick—Holt Jones Jr., RHP, Kentucky
- Round 15, No. 449 overall pick—Caleb Wurster, LHP, Connecticut
- Round 16, No. 479 overall pick—Ivan Melendez, INF, Texas
- Round 17, No. 509 overall pick—Justin Fall, LHP, Arizona State
- Round 18, No. 539 overall pick—Bennett Hostetler, INF, North Dakota State
- Round 19, No. 569 overall pick—Noah Williamson, OF, Everett CC (WA)
- Round 20, No. 599 overall pick—Zach Zubia, INF, Texas
- Baseball America is very excited about the first 10 rounds of Miami’s draft class: “if you are a sucker for hitters this could be the class for you.”
- Kim Ng expects the mid-round and late-round picks to sign quickly, but she implies that negotiations with top selection Kahlil Watson could drag on until deadline day (Aug. 1).
- Trevor Rogers’ stat line from the fifth inning of the MLB All-Star Game: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R (0 ER), 0 BB, 1 K (18 pitches). His fastest pitch was tracked at 98.8 miles per hour, the fourth-highest velocity for any National League pitcher in the contest.
- Pitcher List ranks Rogers (No. 13), Sandy Alcantara (No. 16), Pablo López (No. 17) and Zach Thompson (No. 59) among the Top 100 starting pitchers for fantasy baseball.
- You need to check out this GQ interview with Jazz Chisholm Jr.
- Fish Across the Pond welcomes Fish Stripes’ own Ethan Budowsky as the show’s latest guest.
- Lots of MiLB roster moves were announced Tuesday, headlined by the promotion of Edward Cabrera to Triple-A Jacksonville and the demotion of Víctor Víctor Mesa to High-A Beloit. All of the activity has been included in the Fish Stripes roster tracker.
- John Curtiss (neck stiffness) began his minor league rehab assignment with Beloit by striking out two batters in an easy opening inning. Curtiss seems to be on track to come off the injured list this weekend in Philadelphia.
7 pitches - 7 strikes - 2 strikeouts - 1 perfect inning— Beloit Snappers (@BeloitSnappers) July 14, 2021
John Curtiss - Here for a good time, not a long time pic.twitter.com/pIkWRQVmiv
- The new episode of NL Feast digs into the Ronald Acuña Jr. injury, Braves vs. Marlins Twitter drama, and the Mets’ continued dominance.
- On this day in 2011, a six-run eruption by the Marlins offense sealed a comeback victory over the Cubs.
- Registration is now open for Marlins Youth Academy Camp, being held at Tropical Park form July 19-23 and July 26-30.