The Miami Marlins return home after a dreadful road trip. They started out losing seven straight games before finally eking out a single win to avoid being swept by the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Fish will start a six-game homestand with three games against the Colorado Rockies and then three games against the division opponent Atlanta Braves.
This series preview will give you all the details:
- Schedule, Watch, Listen
- Probable Pitchers
- Recent Lineups
- What To Watch For
Schedule, Watch, Listen
Tuesday, June 8 at 7:10 pm
Wednesday, June 9 at 7:10 pm
Thursday, June 10 at 7:10 pm
- TV broadcast for all 3 games: Bally Sports Florida
- Radio broadcast for all 3 games: 940 AM WINZ, WAQI 710
- Antonio Senzatela, Rockies starting pitcher on Tuesday Photo by Isaiah J. Downing/USA TODAY Sports
- Pablo López, Marlins starting pitcher on Tuesday Photo by Timothy T. Ludwig/USA TODAY Sports
- Austin Gomber, Rockies starting pitcher on Wednesday Photo by Charles LeClaire/USA TODAY Sports
- Braxton Garrett, Marlins starting pitcher on Wednesday Photo by Jim Rassol/USA TODAY Sports
- Chi Chi González, Rockies starting pitcher on Thursday Photo by Orlando Ramirez/USA TODAY Sports
- Trevor Rogers, Marlins starting pitcher on Thursday Photo by Eric Hartline/USA TODAY Sports
- Senzatela: 4.47 ERA, 1.406 WHIP, 13.2 K%, 39.8 HardHit% in 58.1 IP
- López: 2.82 ERA, 1.149 WHIP, 25.0 K%, 31.1 HardHit% in 67.0 IP
- Gomber: 4.12 ERA, 1.137 WHIP, 25.2 K%, 34.9 HardHit% in 63.1 IP
- Garrett: 9.00 ERA, 1.333 WHIP, 15.4 K%, 33.3 HardHit% in 3.0 IP
- González: 4.84 ERA, 1.386 WHIP, 12.3 K%, 42.9 HardHit% in 48.1 IP
- Rogers: 1.97 ERA, 1.092 WHIP, 29.7 K%, 38.2 HardHit% in 68.2 IP
What to watch for on...
- Marte career vs. Senzatela: 5-for-8 with one walk, one double, and one home run.
- It’s a small sample size, but Marte has hit Senzatela well in the past. Looking at all Marlins hitters this season, Marte has the highest on-base plus slugging percentage on the team (.916, next highest is Jesús Aguilar with .818) and is just one of five hitters with an adjusted-OPS above league average. Marte did miss about a month with an injury, but he’s played well since returning.
Wednesday: Rockies 2B/3B Ryan McMahon.
- McMahon through 59 games: .257/.309/.495 (108 OPS+).
- McMahon has stepped up this season for the Rockies, especially with Trevor Story sidelined with an injury. Pitcher List’s Matt Wallach wrote about McMahon’s approach at the plate being more aggressive which has led to success this season. He’s been swinging at the first pitch often and hits the ball extremely hard. He’s also been one of the best defenders in the league this season.
Thursday: It’s Trevor Rogers’ Day.
- With the way he’s been pitching, it would be a crime not to mention him when he’s taking the mound.
- He’s been the team’s most valuable player this season, collecting 2.1 fWAR in 12 starts. In those starts: 68.2 IP, 51 H, 15 ER, 24 BB, 81 K.
How will this series play out?
This poll is closed
Marlins sweep, 3-0
Marlins win, 2-1
Rockies win, 2-1
Rockies sweep, 3-0