New Marlins Game Recap
New Farm System Report
New Fish Stripes Podcast
- Vote your favorite Marlins position players to the 2021 MLB All-Star Game.
- Edward Cabrera may still be a couple months away from debuting in the majors, but he took an important step in his injury rehab on Sunday.
- Sandy Alcantara, who ranked seventh in the National League in innings pitched during the 2019 season, is currently tied for third in that category.
- No surprise: the Fish Stripes audience selected Trevor Rogers as Marlin of the Month for May (Garrett Cooper was the runner-up).
- Would it make sense for the Marlins to invest long term in Starling Marte? Juan Páez makes the case (en español).
- Through 162 career games as a Marlin, Jon Berti has 10 home runs and 30 stolen bases while starting 20-plus times apiece at four different positions (second base, third base, shortstop and center field).
- Kevin Barral presents the top five Marlins plays from last week’s games.
- Speaking of YouTube, could you take a few seconds to help the Fish Stripes channel reach 500 subscribers? Thanks very much!
- The Marlins briefly claimed the distinction of having the worst overall winning percentage of any active MLB franchise. As of this writing, they’re back ahead of the Padres, though that’s doubtful to last very long.
- The U.S. national baseball team punched its ticket to the Tokyo Olympics with big contributions from Eddy Alvarez, who slashed .273/.429/.636 as their second baseman during the Baseball Americas qualifier.