New Farm System Report
- Vote your favorite Marlins position players to the 2021 MLB All-Star Game.
- Congrats to Marlins legend Jeff Conine who has joined the Florida International University baseball program as associate head coach.
- José Devers became one of the youngest leadoff hitters in Marlins history...and this is escalating into one of the longest losing streaks in Marlins history.
- When the game got out of reach, Sandy León did something unprecedented for the franchise:
Sandy Leon: First player in Marlins history to catch and pitch in the same game.— Doug Kern (@dakern74) June 5, 2021
- The Marlins are the only MLB team this season to gain runs as the result of incorrect ball/strike calls (discussed in greater detail on Effectively Wild).
- Ian Smith of Prospects Live has gotten lots of live looks at the Jupiter Hammerheads this season and offers great insight on the development of Marlins prospects Eury Pérez and Víctor Mesa Jr.
- Minor League Baseball does not currently have any playoffs planned for this year, but they’re considering modifying the schedule to allow them. That’s an exciting possibility for the Marlins organization—the Jacksonville, Pensacola and Beloit each enter Saturday significantly above the .500 mark.
- Watch the latest episode of Jomboy Media’s The Chris Rose Rotation on YouTube as Miguel Rojas updates the status of his injured finger and welcomes in special guest Nick Castellanos of the Reds.
- Speaking of YouTube, could you take a few seconds to help the Fish Stripes channel reach 500 subscribers? Thanks very much!
- LoanDepot Park is hosting a Marlins event staff job fair on June 14 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. More details about the open positions at marlins.com/jobs.
- With their move to new ABC Supply Stadium on track for later this summer, the High-A Beloit Snappers will have job fairs of their own on June 17 and July 7.
- Eddy Alvarez continues to help the U.S. national baseball team close in on clinching a berth at the Tokyo Olympics. Alvarez’s RBI triple in Friday’s win over Canada was his third extra-base hit of the week.