Welcome to Tuesday’s Marlins (33-44, +17 RD) vs. Phillies (36-39, -12 RD) game thread. It’s the start of the post-Corey Dickerson/post-Adam Cimber era.
Picks are only valid if submitted to us prior to first pitch.
The Fish Picks leaderboard is updated daily. Congrats to @JJFearnley, who picked a Perfect Game on Sunday.
At the end of each month, the Fish Picks points leader—whoever has the most total correct picks—will receive a 305 Cafecito Candle from our partners at 305 Candles! Shop with them now and save 10% on your order when you use discount code FISHSTRIPES at checkout.
- 2B Jazz Chisholm Jr.
- CF Starling Marte
- 1B Jesús Aguilar
- RF Adam Duvall
- LF Jesús Sánchez
- C Jorge Alfaro
- 3B Jon Berti
- SS Luis Marté
- LHP Trevor Rogers (2021 season stats: 2.08 ERA, 2.46 FIP, 29.5 K%, 37.0 HardHit% in 86.2 IP)
Notes: The Marlins remained in Miami for most of the day Monday, landing in Philadelphia during the 9 p.m. hour...Newly acquired Joe Panik will join the active roster on Wednesday. Perhaps Luis Marté is starting tonight over Miguel Rojas as a nice gesture before Marté inevitably gets sent down to make room for Panik.
- CF Luke Williams
- 2B Jean Segura
- C J.T. Realmuto
- RF Bryce Harper
- LF Andrew McCutchen
- 1B Rhys Hoskins
- 3B Alec Bohm
- SS Ronald Torreyes
- RHP Vince Velasquez (2021 season stats: 4.74 ERA, 5.03 FIP, 25.8 K%, 40.9 HardHit% in 57.0 IP)
Notes: The Phils may be somewhat fatigued coming off Monday’s makeup game against the Reds in Cincinnati. This will be the third different city that they’ve played in over the last three days...J.T. Realmuto missed the previous 2021 Marlins-Phillies matchups due to injuries, but he’s back to full strength now...José Alvarado recently replaced Héctor Neris as the team’s closer.
How to watch/listen/follow
First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. ET. Watch on Bally Sports Florida or listen to the radio broadcast on 940 WINZ.
Alex Krutchik will handle the game recap article.
All four Marlins full-season minor league affiliates are also in action. Follow @FishProspects for notes and highlights.
Please submit your picks for the following props. The contest locks at first pitch.
- Will the Marlins score in the first inning? (Yes/No)
- Will the Marlins score in the second inning? (Yes/No)
- Will the Marlins score in the third inning? (Yes/No)
- Will the Marlins score in the fourth inning? (Yes/No)
- Will the Marlins score in the fifth inning? (Yes/No)
- Will the Marlins score in the sixth inning? (Yes/No)
- Will the Marlins score in the seventh inning? (Yes/No)
- Will the Marlins score in the eighth inning? (Yes/No)
- Will the Marlins score in the ninth inning? (Yes/No)
- Who wins? (Marlins/Phillies)