New Marlins Game Recap
New Marlins Podcasts
- The Marlins have joined most other MLB teams in reaching the 85% COVID-19 vaccination threshold. It qualifies them for a more “normalized” workplace environment and ensures that their season won’t be derailed by another virus outbreak like 2020.
- The initial feedback to my trade proposal involving Eduardo Escobar and Magneuris Sierra has been mostly positive! Check it out for yourself.
- Joe Frisaro of Man On Second Baseball isn’t as enamored with the idea of trading for a rental until the team further cements itself as a contender.
- Jesús Sánchez (No. 99) is back on Baseball America’s Top 100 MLB prospects list.
- Fish On The Farm spotlights Low-A Jupiter right-hander Eury Pérez and podcasts about all the important developments in the Marlins farm system.
- Support new Fish Stripes partner 305 Candles. They are providing monthly Fish Picks prizes through the end of the season and have customized a special offer for our audience—save 10% off your order when you enter discount code FISHSTRIPES at checkout.
- Today is the first annual Lou Gehrig Day across Major League Baseball. More details here.
- Miguel Rojas is in good spirits despite the news that he suffered a fractured finger last week (in addition to dislocating it).
- The Marlins have responded to their recent infield injuries by acquiring more depth, reuniting with Justin Twine—who was previously committed to the independent York Revolution—and signing Galli Cribbs Jr. of the independent Kane County Cougars. Both players will report to Triple-A Jacksonville.
- Team USA remained undefeated in the Baseball Americas Olympic qualifier with help from Eddy Alvarez, who went 2-for-3 with two doubles and started at second base.
- Fish Stripes alum Aram Leighton is going to be prominently involved with Just Baseball, which launches June 22. Marlins great Jeff Conine is also expected to advise and contribute to the new outlet.