New Marlins Game Recap
New Fish Stripes Podcasts
- Vote your favorite Marlins position players to the 2021 MLB All-Star Game.
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 39% chance to win their series opener against the Cubs.
- Miguel Rojas confirms that his rehab assignment with Triple-A Jacksonville is complete. During his two games, Rojas went 4-for-8 with one run batted in and played shortstop both days. The official roster move activating him from the injured list will come on Friday.
- Speaking of “complete”, Sandy Alcantara has the unfortunate distinction of being the only Marlins pitcher ever to take the loss while throwing a complete game without allowing any earned runs.
- The “Sandman” bobblehead from FOCO was released this week. Pre-order yours ASAP.
- Here is my change-of-scenery trade proposal involving Isan Díaz, Carter Kieboom, Richard Bleier and Chris Mokma.
- Craig Mish answers your questions on a new Swings and Mishes episode. Reversing his stance from last week, Mish leans toward the Marlins trading Starling Marte prior to the July 30 deadline and projects Bryson Brigman to get his first MLB call-up in the near future.
- Old friend Harold Ramirez is making consistent quality contact for Cleveland.
- So is Marlins catching prospect Nick Fortes. Our own Spencer Morris has a great breakdown on his season with Double-A Pensacola.
- Louis Addeo-Weiss presents the NL East All-Injured Team.
- Forbes describes Trevor Rogers as a building block for the Marlins organization. Hard to argue with that!
- Justin Choi of FanGraphs dives into the unique characteristics of the Marlins pitching staff, especially the relationship between their fastballs and changeups.
- Prospects Live discusses how Miami might approach the 2021 MLB Draft.