The Miami Marlins host the Atlanta Braves for a weekend series that begins tonight. After a rough road trip, the Fish bounced back to take two of three games in their most recent series against the Colorado Rockies.
This series preview will give you all the details:
- Schedule, Watch, Listen
- Probable Pitchers
- Recent Lineups
- What To Watch For
Schedule, Watch, Listen
Friday, June 11 at 7:10 pm
Saturday, June 12 at 4:10 pm
Sunday, June 13 at 1:10 pm
- TV broadcast for all 3 games: Bally Sports Florida
- Radio broadcast for all 3 games: 940 AM WINZ, WAQI 710
- Charlie Morton, Braves starting pitcher on Friday Photo by Brett Davis/USA TODAY Sports
- Sandy Alcantara, Marlins starting pitcher on Friday Photo by Charles LeClaire/USA TODAY Sports
- Max Fried, Braves starting pitcher on Saturday Photo by Dale Zanine/USA TODAY Sports
- Zach Thompson, Marlins starting pitcher on Saturday Photo by Paul Rutherford/USA TODAY Sports
- Drew Smyly, Braves starting pitcher on Sunday Photo by Jason Getz/USA TODAY Sports
- Pablo López, Marlins starting pitcher on Sunday Photo by Timothy T. Ludwig/USA TODAY Sports
- Morton: 4.21 ERA, 1.258 WHIP, 27.2 K%, 33.9 HardHit% in 62.0 IP
- Alcantara: 3.30 ERA, 1.063 WHIP, 23.3 K%, 38.1 HardHit% in 79.0 IP
- Fried: 4.63 ERA, 1.478 WHIP, 22.4 K%, 33.8 HardHit% in 44.2 IP
- Thompson: 6.00 ERA, 1.667 WHIP, 7.1 K%, 41.7 HardHit% in in 3.0 IP
- Smyly: 5.82 ERA, 1.412 WHIP, 19.2 K%, 47.2 HardHit% in 51.0 IP
- López: 2.76 ERA, 1.093 WHIP, 25.3 K%, 33.5 HardHit% in 75.0 IP
What to watch for on...
- Dickerson career vs. Morton: 7-for-16, 2 HR, 1 K, 1 BB.
- Coming into the series against the Braves, Dickerson has a 4-game hitting streak. He had a rough month of May and spoke a bit of personal struggles off the field, so it was good to see him come up with a two-out, two-run triple earlier this week. Look for him to keep the hit streak going against Morton tonight, who he has good numbers against over his career.
Saturday: Adam Duvall against his former team.
- Duvall vs. Braves this season: 7-for-14, 2 2B, 3 HR, 9 RBI, 2 BB, 5 K.
- The Marlins jumped on Fried earlier this season, tagging him for seven earned runs over four innings. In his two at-bats against Fried, Duvall doubled and homered. Per MLB.com’s Mark Bowman, Braves’ manager Brian Snitker said the following about facing his former player:
Sunday: Pablo López + run support = good results!
- López dazzled in his last outing against the Rockies and the team put up six runs for him, enough to cruise through eight innings and secure a much-needed win.
- Against the Braves in his career, López has fared well. Braves batters are hitting a combined .229 against him. Ronald Acuña Jr. has done the most damage, going 6-for-19 with two home runs. The Marlins offense has been a coin flip this season but a solid outing from López and moderate run support from his team will generate positive results.
How will this series play out?
This poll is closed
Marlins sweep, 3-0
Marlins win, 2-1
Braves win, 2-1
Braves sweep, 3-0