The Miami Marlins play a quick two-game series against the Toronto Blue Jays mid-week before wrapping up their road trip in Pittsburgh. As a reminder, the Blue Jays are not playing in Toronto yet. All of their games thus far have been at their Spring Training home in Dunedin, Florida, but they will be moving to Buffalo, New York starting with their June 1-2 series against the Fish. In this series preview, you’ll get all the details:
- Schedule, Watch, Listen
- Probable Pitchers
- Recent Lineups
- What To Watch For
Schedule, Watch, Listen
Tuesday, June 1 at 7:07 pm
Wednesday, June 2 at 7:07 pm
- TV broadcast for both games: Bally Sports Florida
- Radio broadcast for both games: 940 AM WINZ, WAQI 710
- Sandy Alcantara, Marlins starting pitcher on Tuesday Photo by Bill Streicher/USA TODAY Sports
- Robbie Ray, Blue Jays starting pitcher on Tuesday Photo by Wendell Cruz/USA TODAY Sports
- Pablo López, Marlins starting pitcher on Wednesday Photo by Sam Navarro/USA TODAY Sports
- Alek Manoah, Blue Jays starting pitcher on Wednesday Photo by Kim Klement/USA TODAY Sports
Tuesday: RHP Sandy Alcantara vs. LHP Robbie Ray
- Alcantara: 3.46 ERA, 1.031 WHIP, 24.7 K%, 40.1 HardHit% in 65.0 IP
- Ray: 3.81 ERA, 1.115 WHIP, 28.0 K%, 51.4 HardHit% in 52.0 IP
Wednesday: RHP Pablo López vs. RHP Alek Manoah
- López: 2.71 ERA, 1.127 WHIP, 23.2 K%, 29.7 HardHit% in 63.0 IP
- Manoah: 0.00 ERA, 0.667 WHIP, 31.8 K%, 15.4 HardHit% in 6.0 IP
What to watch for on...
Tuesday: Sandy Alcantara on seven days of rest.
- Alcantara was supposed to take the mound for Sunday’s game against the Boston Red Sox, but the game was postponed due to rain.
- Rest isn’t a bad thing, especially coming off the shortened 2020 season. Alcantara’s last two starts have been great, allowing a total of four hits and two runs in 14.0 total innings. He hasn’t faced many of the current Blue Jays, so it will be a new task for the Marlins’ ace.
Wednesday: Blue Jays’ first-rounder Alek Manoah.
- Manoah, from Homestead, FL, was the 11th overall pick in the 2019 MLB Draft.
- He made his MLB debut against the Yankees last week, allowing just two hits over six innings. He doesn’t have much professional experience, just 17.0 innings in 2019 Low-A and 18.0 innings in 2021 Triple-A. Along with his fastball, he throws a power slider and a changeup.
How will this series play out?
This poll is closed
Marlins sweep, 2-0
Tie, 1 win apiece
Blue Jays sweep, 2-0