The Miami Marlins host the Milwaukee Brewers for a 3-game series this weekend before heading on the road. The Fish are riding high after sweeping the D-Backs and the Brewers have lost five in a row. In this series preview, you’ll get all the details:
- Schedule, Watch, Listen
- Probable Pitchers
- Recent Lineups
- What To Watch For
Schedule, Watch, Listen
Friday, May 7 at 7:10 pm
Saturday, May 8 at 6:10 pm
Sunday, May 9 at 1:10 pm
- TV broadcast for all 3 games: Bally Sports Florida
- Radio broadcast for all 3 games: 940 AM WINZ, WAQI 710
Friday: LHP Brent Suter vs. LHP Trevor Rogers
- Suter: 2.70 ERA, 1.140 WHIP, 22.4 K%, 33.3 HardHit% in 16.2 IP
- Rogers: 1.91 ERA, 1.061 WHIP, 33.9 K%, 47.1 HardHit% in 33.0 IP
Saturday: RHP Adrian Houser vs. LHP Daniel Castano
- Houser: 3.52 ERA, 1.304 WHIP, 16.8 K%, 47.8 HardHit% in 30.2 IP
- Castano: 4.73 ERA, 1.425 WHIP, 8.3 K%, 34.0 HardHit% in 13.1 IP
Sunday: LHP Eric Lauer vs. RHP Sandy Alcantara
- Lauer: 1.64 ERA, 1.273 WHIP, 21.7 K%, 35.3 HardHit% in 11.0 IP
- Alcantara: 2.95 ERA, 1.008 WHIP, 24.6 K%, 39.5 HardHit% in 42.2 IP
What to watch for on...
Friday: The under-the-radar ace.
- Trevor Rogers is in some pretty good company. He has the third-best ERA in the National League, behind only Jacob deGrom and Brandon Woodruff.
- Rogers has been generating a ton of swing-and-misses, especially with his changeup. He faced the Brewers two starts ago, ending with a line of 6.0 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 7 K.
Saturday: Jesús Aguilar was hot on the road. Can he pick it up back at home?
- In nine games on the road, six of Aguilar’s nine hits were long balls.
- One of those home runs came against Brewers’ pitcher Adrian Houser, who is starting Saturday night. Since returning home, Aguilar has just one hit in 12 at-bats. The Marlins bats have come alive the past few games, but look for Aguilar to get it going again.
Sunday: Sandy Alcantara takes the mound.
- When he faced the Brewers two starts ago: 7.0 IP, 5, 2 R (both ER), 0 BB, 4 K.
- Alcantara has been stellar this season. Among all qualified pitchers, he has the lowest barrels per plate appearance. He’s limiting baserunners and going deep into games. He has, however, given up a home run in each of his last four outings after not allowing a home run in his first three starts.
How will this series play out?
This poll is closed
Marlins sweep, 3-0
Marlins win, 2-1
Brewers win, 2-1
Brewers sweep, 3-0