New Marlins Game Recap
New Marlins Small Pod
New Marlins Farm Report
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 53% chance to win their series finale against the Diamondbacks.
- By taking the mound on Wednesday, Anthony Bender became the 19,978th player in MLB history.
- “No one else quite has a breaking ball of that caliber,” the Baseball America staff writes about Max Meyer’s in proclaiming it the best breaking ball among all MLB prospects. Within the same article, Meyer’s fastball receives an honorable mention as does Edward Cabrera’s, while Will Banfield is included in “the next group of highly-regarded defensive backstops” just outside the top five at his position.
The best breaking ball in Minor League Baseball belongs to Marlins RHP Max Meyer— Fish Stripes (@fishstripes) May 6, 2021
The first of a zillion slider K's for him in the pros pic.twitter.com/0vnTyq4UK0
- BA’s Ben Badler has updated and expanded his 2021-22 International Big Board of best available players in the next international amateur free agent signing period. The Marlins aren’t linked to any of them.
- A 29-year-old left-hander with MLB experience, Rob Zastryzny, joined the Fish farm system on Tuesday by way of the Long Island Ducks (independent Atlantic League). Expect him to eventually make his way to Triple-A Jacksonville.
- Trevor Rogers got invited on MLB Network to discuss being named April’s NL Rookie of the Month for April and gaining confidence.
- If the Marlins were to consider trading Jesús Aguilar later this season, Kevin Goldstein of FanGraphs suggests the Red Sox and Brewers as potential landing spots.
- Beginning June 1—with the Marlins as their first opponent—the Blue Jays will (once again) make Buffalo their temporary home. You remember the last time these teams met at Sahlen Field, right?
- On this day in Marlins history, Giancarlo Stanton went deep (impressive even by his standards). Fast forward to 2021 and Stanton is leading the majors in both max and average exit velocity.
- After one-and-a-half years as a Marlins scout, James Vilade has accepted a coaching position at Plano Prestonwood Christian Academy.
- FanSided’s Marlin Maniac blog has been resuscitated! Good luck to new site expert Matt Melton.
- Marlins Spanish radio broadcaster Yiky Quintana asks for prayers—he’ll be missing Friday’s broadcast to undergo medical testing.
- Best wishes to newly retired infielder Julian Infante, who the Marlins selected in the 36th round of the 2019 MLB Draft.