Welcome to Tuesday’s Marlins (11-16, +4 RD) vs. Diamondbacks (15-13, +6 RD) game thread.
Picks are only valid if submitted to us prior to first pitch.
At the end of each month, the Fish Picks points leader—whoever has the most total correct picks—will receive a t-shirt of their choice from our partners at Legends of Dade!
The Fish Picks leaderboard will be updated daily.
- CF Pavin Smith
- 3B Asdrúbal Cabrera
- 1B Christian Walker
- LF David Peralta
- C Carson Kelly
- 2B Eduardo Escobar
- SS Nick Ahmed
- RF Josh Rojas
- RHP Riley Smith (2021 season stats: 4.76 ERA, 4.11 FIP, 9.3 K%, 37.1 HardHit% in 17.0 IP)
Notes: The right-handed Smith is not to be confused with old friend Caleb Smith, who is still with the Diamondbacks but operating out of their bullpen. Tonight’s starter was only stretched out to 46 pitches in his previous outing, so Arizona’s relievers should be heavily involved regardless of his results...The D-backs rank second in the majors in runs scored. Carson Kelly is leading the charge with the highest FanGraphs Wins Above Replacement among all catchers (1.4 fWAR).
- SS Miguel Rojas
- 1B Jesús Aguilar
- LF Corey Dickerson
- RF Adam Duvall
- 3B Brian Anderson
- 2B Isan Díaz
- CF Lewis Brinson
- C Sandy León
- RHP Sandy Alcantara (2021 season stats: 3.19 ERA, 3.36 FIP, 24.7 K%, 41.7 HardHit% in 36.2 IP)
Notes: In case you missed it, Paul Campbell is out of the picture for the next three months after testing positive for an anabolic steroid. Anthony Bender, the spring training phenom, has joined the pitching staff in his place...Following a poor 2020 campaign, Corey Dickerson has gotten back to elevating the ball and holding his own against lefties, as Juan Páez explains...Pretty much every pitcher is available out of the Marlins bullpen with the possible exception of Zach Pop who worked 36 pitches on Sunday.
How to watch/listen/follow
First pitch is scheduled for 6:40 p.m. ET. Watch on Bally Sports Florida or listen to the radio broadcast on 940 WINZ.
Please submit your picks for the following props. The contest locks at first pitch.
- Over/Under 96.5 pitches for Sandy Alcantara? (Over/Under)
- Over/Under 7.5 total runs scored? (Over/Under)
- Will Adam Duvall reach base safely? (Yes/No)
- Will there be any pinch hits? (Yes/No)
- Who wins? (Diamondbacks/Marlins)
Beginning this week and continuing through mid-September, Marlins full-season minor league affiliates will be in action every Tuesday-Sunday!
- Triple-A: Jacksonville (B. Garrett) vs. Norfolk, 7:05 p.m. ET
- Double-A: Pensacola (M. Meyer) at Mississippi, 7:35 p.m. ET
- High-A: Beloit (Z. McCambley) at Wisconsin, 7:35 p.m. ET
- Low-A: Jupiter (E. Pérez) at Port St. Lucie, 6:10 p.m. ET