New Marlins Game Recap
New Marlins Farm System Report
New Marlins Podcast
- Brian Anderson had been playing through left shoulder discomfort for a couple games before aggravating it on Monday, resulting in a multi-week stint on the injured list. The Marlins expect to patch together third base with Jon Berti and Isan Díaz during his absence.
- Starling Marte had a quiet night at the plate on rehab with Triple-A Jacksonville, going 0-for-3 as their designated hitter.
- Check out new podcast episodes from our friends at Swimming Upstream and Fish Across the Pond.
- The Miami Herald dives into the stories of how the Marlins originally acquired Trevor Rogers, Anthony Bender and Cody Poteet.
- Though it’s only been a small sample so far, Bender ranks among the best pitchers of 2021 who joined their current organizations on minor league free agent deals.
- Jazz Chisholm Jr. is doing his part to expand professional baseball opportunities in his native Bahamas, Christina De Nicola of MLB.com explains. We all anxiously await further details about Chisholm’s mild right ankle sprain.
- Jomboy posted a full breakdown of Saturday’s Marlins walk-off win over the Mets.
- When Magneuris Sierra starts, the Fish win.
- Miguel Rojas continues to outperform his Statcast measurables. What does that means for his 2021 fantasy baseball outlook?
- The Marlins signed infielder Zack Kone (former Pirates prospect) to a minor league deal and are moving toward acquiring right-hander Andrew Bellatti as well.
- New Era on Tuesday unveiled a line of hideous “local market” caps for each MLB team (Marlins edition pictured below). The online outrage was so vicious that within hours, the caps were removed from the company’s website. Back to the drawing board!