New Marlins Game Recap
New Marlins Podcast
- Prospects Live ranks the top 47 Marlins prospects, choosing Max Meyer for the top spot.
- Sandy Alcantara as the Marlins’ most indispensable player? I agree with MLB.com on that.
- Alcantara (No. 23), Trevor Rogers (No. 22), Pablo López (No. 30) and Cody Poteet (No. 93) are each featured prominently in Pitcher List’s updated fantasy baseball starting pitcher rankings.
- Monday’s Phillies series preview livestream went smoother than usual, if I do say so myself. Anybody who couldn’t attend can catch up on the full hour of analysis here.
- Also, one more plug for my solo podcast on Jorge Alfaro’s return. Alfaro is expected to start behind the plate on Tuesday.
- The Marlins moved into a tie with the Cubs for the fourth-best run differential in the National League (plus-16).
- Shawn Morimando, unfortunately, became just the sixth pitcher in Marlins history to allow at least four runs in his team debut while pitching less than one full inning. I would expect Nick Neidert to be recalled from Triple-A to replace him on the active roster prior to Wednesday’s game.
- Baseball America matches the Marlins with Miami University right-hander Sam Bachman in their latest 2021 mock draft (that’s Miami University of Ohio, not Florida, to be clear).
- Elieser Hernandez (Triple-A East), Peyton Burdick (Double-A South) and M.D. Johnson (Low-A Southeast) each received recognition from their respective leagues for outstanding production last week.
- Congrats to Marlins farmhand JD Osborne on his selection to Team Canada’s Olympics qualifier roster.
- Construction of ABC Supply Stadium, the future home of the Beloit Snappers, is really coming along.