New Marlins Game Recap
New Marlins Farm System Report
New Marlins Podcast
- Infielder Eddy Alvarez was announced as a member of the USA baseball training camp roster for the Tokyo Olympics. The 31-year-old seeks to join the exclusive club of athletes to win a medal in both the Summer Games and Winter Games (speedskating, silver).
- Jorge Alfaro’s (final?) rehab assignment stats through five games: .250/.250/.625, 2 HR in 16 PA; two stolen bases allowed on two attempts and two passed balls.
- Kim Ng says Sixto Sánchez will continue to rehab at a deliberate pace. The Marlins’ team vaccination rate is steadily approaching the 85% threshold which would loosen health and safety protocols for players, coaches and other essential personnel.
- Trevor Rogers isn’t yet among the leading NL Cy Young award candidates, according to MLB.com.
- Cody Poteet pitched against Jordan Yamamoto on Sunday. They have something else in common, too.
- Fish Stripes’ own Danis Sosa photographed the action from Saturday’s Marlins win.
- “Havana 305” is the latest addition to Miggy’s Locker, a collection of Miguel Rojas’ custom cleats.
- The Marlins signed 20-year-old free agent infielder Yelinson Pena to a minor league deal.
- Prospects 1500 shines the spotlight on prospects at every Marlins MiLB level who are off to hot starts to 2021.
- The training wheels may be coming off Pensacola and Beloit starting pitching prospects—both affiliates will reportedly schedule starters to work every fifth day, rather than the current once-per-week routine.
- Pohlman Field has been auctioning off naming rights on a per-game basis. One bidder describes his experience.
- Swings and Mishes teases some special news about their podcast coming soon.
- Kevin Barral presents the top five Marlins plays from last week’s games.