Welcome to Friday’s Marlins (17-20, +14 RD) vs. Dodgers (20-17, +40 RD) game thread.
Picks are only valid if submitted to us prior to first pitch.
The Fish Picks leaderboard will be updated daily. Congrats to Bassmasterrrr4, @bstahls, Joel Curyer and Olmattber, each of whom picked a Perfect Game on Thursday.
At the end of each month, the Fish Picks points leader—whoever has the most total correct picks—will receive a t-shirt of their choice from our partners at Legends of Dade!
- SS Miguel Rojas
- 1B Jesús Aguilar
- RF Garrett Cooper
- LF Adam Duvall
- 3B Brian Anderson
- 2B Isan Díaz
- C Chad Wallach
- CF Magneuris Sierra
- RHP Sandy Alcantara (2021 season stats: 2.72 ERA, 3.50 FIP, 24.2 K%, 37.6 HardHit% in 49.2 IP)
Notes: The Marlins team plane landed in Los Angeles at 3:46 a.m. ET (12:46 a.m. locally)...Alcantara has only one career start against the Dodgers and it went poorly (5.0 IP, 7 H, 6 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, 2 HR)...Rojas is one hit away from tying Cody Ross for 18th place on the all-time Marlins hits list...Lewis Brinson is riding the bench for a third straight game despite this matchup against a left-handed starter...The well-rested pitchers available out of the Marlins bullpen (haven’t pitched in at least two days) are Richard Bleier, John Curtiss, Adam Cimber, Ross Detwiler, Yimi García and Zach Pop.
- RF Mookie Betts
- SS Corey Seager
- 3B Justin Turner
- 1B Max Muncy
- CF Chris Taylor
- 2B Gavin Lux
- LF AJ Pollock
- C Austin Barnes
- LHP Clayton Kershaw (2021 season stats: 2.62 ERA, 2.45 FIP, 26.1 K%, 35.5 HardHit% in 44.2 IP)
How to watch/listen/follow
First pitch is scheduled for 10:10 p.m. ET. Watch on Bally Sports Florida or listen to the radio broadcast on 940 WINZ.
Brandon Liguori (@BrandonRLiguori) will provide in-game updates and handle the recap article.
Please submit your picks for the following props. The contest locks at first pitch.
- Which starting pitcher lasts longer? (Alcantara/Kershaw)
- Over/Under 20.5 total strikeouts? (Over/Under)
- Over/Under 1.5 double plays turned by the Marlins defense? (Over/Under)
- Will Lewis Brinson make an appearance? (Yes/No)
- Who wins? (Marlins/Dodgers)