New Marlins Game Recap
New Marlins Farm System Report
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 31% chance to win their series opener against the Dodgers.
- Through two games of his minor league rehab assignment, Jazz Chisholm Jr. is 2-for-6 with three stolen base attempts. Meanwhile, Jorge Alfaro did not participate in Jacksonville’s doubleheader on Thursday.
- A no-brainer: Jesús Sánchez won Triple-A East Player of the Week honors.
- Aníbal Sánchez is finally ready to join a major league rotation. Will the Marlins give him a shot?
- The Miami Herald’s Jordan McPherson goes deep on Zach Pop’s baseball journey, particularly how he has rebounded from Tommy John surgery.
- Anthony Bender has immediately emerged as an elite strikeout pitcher (small sample size disclaimer).
- LoanDepot Park is embracing South Florida’s ethnic diversity, beginning with a Cuban heritage celebration promotion for the Saturday, May 22 game vs. the Mets.
- Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium got the green light to welcome 872 fans to the Jupiter Hammerheads game on Thursday (first time that the MiLB affiliate has played in front of a home crowd since 2019).
- RDC Stadium has a job opening for a marketing & promotions coordinator.
- On the latest episode of The Chris Rose Rotation presented by Jomboy Media, Miguel Rojas explains how he broke out of his early season slump and much more.
- Ronald Acuña Jr. is considered day-to-day with an ankle injury, which is a sigh of relief for anybody who watched it happen live and feared the worst.
- Fish Stripes’ own Hector Rodriguez introduces you to first-round-caliber MLB Draft prospect Benny Montgomery.
- Keith Law of The Athletic ranks Montgomery 28th on his newly updated draft prospect rankings.
- Law’s colleagues determined that the Marlins have good caps.
- Happy Marliniversary—on this day 25 years ago, the Marlins set a franchise record that still stands.