New Marlins Game Recap
New Marlins Small Pod
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 46% chance to win their series finale against the Diamondbacks.
- Jazz Chisholm Jr. and Jorge Alfaro had their minor league rehab assignments stalled by a rainout in Durham. Triple-A Jacksonville will play a doubleheader on Thursday to make it up.
- Richard Bleier still has not issued a walk all season. He is the only qualified MLB reliever who can make that claim.
- Jesús Aguilar is arguably baseball’s best hitter in road games.
- Cody Poteet became the first Marlins pitcher ever and the 43rd pitcher in MLB history to strike out at least six batters in his debut without walking anybody.
- I attempt to explain what’s gone wrong for Garrett Cooper in 2021 (it took more than 1,000 words).
- Fun night in Pensacola where JJ Bleday mashed his first Double-A home run and Jake Eder cracked the short list of MLB Pipeline’s top prospect performers.
- Offensive numbers are way up in the Low-A Southeast League. That’s where the Jupiter Hammerheads play. For context, there were an average of 7.1 runs scored in Jupiter games during the 2019 minor league season; through eight games this year, that average has exploded to 12.4 runs.
- Former All-Star second baseman Dan Uggla has steered clear of social media and the national spotlight during his retirement, but appears to be doing just fine.
- MLB.com staffers share some favorite Marlins baseball cards from their collections including Gary Sheffield, Mike Lowell and José Fernández.
- Happy Marliniversary to Charles Johnson who on this day 20 years ago delivered a pinch-hit grand slam.