New Marlins Game Recap
New Marlins Small Pod
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 46% chance to win their series finale against the Diamondbacks.
- Jazz Chisholm Jr. and Jorge Alfaro had their minor league rehab assignments stalled by a rainout in Durham. Triple-A Jacksonville will play a doubleheader on Thursday to make it up.
- Richard Bleier still has not issued a walk all season. He is the only qualified MLB reliever who can make that claim.
- Jesús Aguilar is arguably baseball’s best hitter in road games.
- Cody Poteet became the first Marlins pitcher ever and the 43rd pitcher in MLB history to strike out at least six batters in his debut without walking anybody.
Cody Poteet reflects on picking up the win in front of his family in his Major League Debut ⬇️#JuntosMiami pic.twitter.com/BusNdTEJIH— Bally Sports Florida: Marlins (@BallyMarlins) May 13, 2021
- I attempt to explain what’s gone wrong for Garrett Cooper in 2021 (it took more than 1,000 words).
- Fun night in Pensacola where JJ Bleday mashed his first Double-A home run and Jake Eder cracked the short list of MLB Pipeline’s top prospect performers.
- Offensive numbers are way up in the Low-A Southeast League. That’s where the Jupiter Hammerheads play. For context, there were an average of 7.1 runs scored in Jupiter games during the 2019 minor league season; through eight games this year, that average has exploded to 12.4 runs.
- Former All-Star second baseman Dan Uggla has steered clear of social media and the national spotlight during his retirement, but appears to be doing just fine.
- MLB.com staffers share some favorite Marlins baseball cards from their collections including Gary Sheffield, Mike Lowell and José Fernández.
- Happy Marliniversary to Charles Johnson who on this day 20 years ago delivered a pinch-hit grand slam.