Marlins vs. Diamondbacks Box Score
New Marlins Farm Report
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 40% chance to win their next game against the Diamondbacks.
- Jazz Chisholm Jr. and Jorge Alfaro each played a half-game for Triple-A Jacksonville on Tuesday—at second base and catcher, respectively—to kick off their minor rehab assignments. They combined to go 1-for-6 at the plate.
- Fish Across the Pond ponders what corresponding moves the Marlins will make when it comes time to reinstate Chisholm and Alfaro.
- Red-hot outfield prospect Jesús Sánchez was abruptly removed from that Jacksonville game in the fifth inning, reportedly just as an injury precaution.
- Don’t expect Elieser Hernandez back in the Marlins rotation until the final week of May—the plan is to arrange multiple rehab starts to get him sufficiently stretched out.
- High-A Beloit right-hander Zach McCambley was deservedly recognized as one of MLB Pipeline’s top prospect performers after shoving seven perfect innings.
- MLB.com’s Christina De Nicola set up this handy dandy Marlins injury tracker.
- Jesús Aguilar has eight home runs on the road this season, which leads the majors. He is tops in the National League with 20 runs batted in away games. Chet Gutwein of FanGraphs is the latest writer to explain his improved plate approach.
- Pablo López and Dylan Bundy of the Angels are the only qualified MLB starting pitchers still searching for their first win.
- Head to Instagram between now and Sunday to enter for a chance to win Sandy Alcantara’s signed Mother’s Day cleats.
- The Marlins are relieved to finally have a Triple-A affiliate that’s outside of the hitter’s paradise of the Pacific Coast League. The Miami Herald points out how many of their players through the years put up outstanding numbers in the PCL, but nearly all of them failed to translate that success to The Show.
- Another day, another no-hitter anniversary. On this day 20 years ago, A.J. Burnett went the distance against the Padres despite nine walks and a hit batsmen.
- Very random MLB Draft trivia: the Marlins are the only active franchise to never select a player out of Indiana State University.
- We are closing in on 300 total Fish Picks players! Periodic reminder that every gameday, you can join in on the free Marlins prop bets contest here.