New Marlins Game Recap
New Marlins Farm Report
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 46% chance to win their series opener against the Diamondbacks.
- Jorge Alfaro and Jazz Chisholm Jr. will both begin minor league rehab assignments with Triple-A Jacksonville on Tuesday. Assuming no setbacks, that lines them up to be reinstated from the injured list by the end of the weekend.
- Stephanie Apstein of Sports Illustrated explores Jazz’s relationship with his grandmother who was a longtime softball star in the Bahamas.
- Jim Bowden ranks him among MLB’s top rookie hitters while selecting Trevor Rogers for the top spot on the pitching side.
- For a few glorious hours, Sandy Alcantara was leading the majors in innings pitched (he was soon surpassed by reigning NL Cy Young award winner Trevor Bauer).
- Pretty successful week for the Braves who won a bunch of games, dodged a bullet on a scary-looking Ronald Acuña Jr. pinky finger injury and brought back right-handed reliever Shane Greene on a pro-rated $1.5 million deal.
- The Mets have also been winning a bunch of games, but ace Jacob deGrom (right side tightness) may miss some time.
- Max Meyer and Eury Pérez are among the youngest players in their respective MiLB leagues. So is José Devers after being optioned to Jacksonville on Saturday.
- Join us on Twitter, YouTube or Twitch beginning at 8:45 p.m. ET for the Fish Stripes Live series preview show.
- The Schlank Show gets to know Daniel Castano.
- Anthony Bass unearthed his 2008 MLB Draft prospect video. Bass took the hard-luck loss on Sunday, but generated seven swinging strikes with his slider in the process, marking the first time he’s ever had so many with that pitch in a traditional relief appearance.
- Seemingly every day, there are alterations to the MiLB rosters. Stay up to speed on everything here.
- If you have about 10 minutes to spare, take the Know Rivalry survey to share your feelings about the Marlins’ biggest nemesis.
- Double-A Pensacola is home this week, which means the first of many Mullet Thursdays is right around the corner.
Party in the front. Party in the back.— Pensacola Blue Wahoos (@BlueWahoosBBall) May 9, 2021
Don't have a mullet? No worries. Our new Pensacola Mullets jersey come with a luxurious built-in mullet. pic.twitter.com/BPxzc2h4ZB