Anniversary of first-ever Marlins game
That’s also the birthdate of new Marlins right-hander John Curtiss! Happy birthday to him.
- With Elieser Hernandez (right biceps tendon inflammation) joining Sixto Sánchez on the shelf, I shared my excitement for Nick Neidert finally getting an opportunity to establish himself as a major league starter.
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 48% chance to win their series opener against the Cardinals. Brandon Liguori (@BrandonRLiguori) will handle the recap article tonight for Fish Stripes.
- Miguel Rojas brought double play partner Jazz Chisholm Jr. onto the latest episode of The Chris Rose Rotation presented by Jomboy Media.
- Several teams are reportedly in pursuit of free agent Aníbal Sánchez. Jon Heyman only singles out the Nationals who had him the previous two seasons. It’d be disappointing if the Marlins passed on this opportunity to stabilize their rotation depth.
- Zach Pop expresses his gratitude for everybody who helped him on his road to The Show.
- It’s not just Pop and Paul Campbell: 2021 could be a historically good year for Rule 5 draft picks.
- With the amateur draft fast approaching in July, here are Ian Smith’s updated top 50 draft prospects.
- After floating the possibility last week, Craig Mish now downplays the chances of LoanDepot Park hosting the MLB All-Star Game.
- FOCO just released a special Billy the Marlin bobblehead that plays “Take Me Out to the Ball Game.” It is available for pre-order.
- The Fish Stripes staff and audience determined that seven players were worthy of Marlins Hall of Fame induction this year. Later this week, I’ll post the voting breakdown and add their plaques to the Marlins HOF section.
- You have until 3:58 p.m ET to help Daniel De Vivo to the Marlins Twitter March Madness championship.