2021 Fish Picks form
The participation in our daily Marlins prop bets contest has been incredible—224 unique users, including dozens of whom make their picks for every game. (You can learn more about Fish Picks here.) Twitter follower @lucerro current sits atop the April 2021 leaderboard in pursuit of a Legends of Dade t-shirt.
However, I believe we can make the process easier and better.
By May 1, we hope to transition all Fish Picks to this special form. You can bookmark the link, or find it on the Fish Stripes homepage and in every game thread article. Grading Fish Picks manually has made it too time-consuming for me to keep track of every individual pick, defaulting to “perfect games” instead. But setting it up as a Google Forms quiz should allow the contest to return to its roots of rewarding consistency.
The Fish Picks leaderboard includes an Answer Key tab, updated shortly after the game’s final out.
If there is any confusion about this, fire away in the comments!
- FiveThirtyEight gives the Marlins a 44% chance to win their series opener against the Giants.
- Right-handers Jordan Holloway and Anthony Bender are on the Marlins taxi squad for the long trip. It is suspected that Brian Navarreto is traveling as the emergency catcher.
- Our own Nicole Cahill was on Wednesday’s press conference with Kim Ng. Also, for Pitcher List, Nicole is on the lookout for the first cycle in Marlins history.
- Daniel De Vivo predicts how Triple-A Jacksonville, Double-A Pensacola, High-A Beloit and Low-A Jupiter will fill out their Opening Day rosters (first games of the 2021 MiLB season are May 4).
- All of the Marlins players’ game-used jerseys and caps from Jackie Robinson Day are up for auction.
- MLB Pipeline sends UCLA shortstop Matt McLain to the Marlins in their latest 2021 mock draft.
- Here is Shakeia Taylor on the energy, enthusiasm and rhythm that Jazz Chisholm Jr. brings to the diamond.
- The Bahamian second baseman was interviewed on MLB Network prior to Wednesday’s 3-0 win over the Orioles.
- “I’m not ready to admit I’m wrong about Chisholm,” writes Kevin Goldstein of FanGraphs, “but that day might be fast approaching” as the 23-year-old continues to demonstrates strong awareness of the strike zone.
- With Chisholm graduating from prospect eligibility, MLB Pipeline has moved infielder Osiris Johnson into the No. 30 spot on their Marlins top prospects list.
- There is a new episode out of The Chris Rose Rotation on the Jomboy Media Network. Miguel Rojas is joined by former Dodgers teammate Justin Turner.